[RTM] Windows 8 - CONFIRMED Windows 8 RTM Build = 9200.16384.win8_rtm.12072

Just the actual sign-off of the code... Technet/MSDN is coming after that.

And if your software works on Windows 7, it'll likely work fine on Windows 8, unless it's something crazy..

You don't work for my company lol. When we went from version 6.0, to 6.1 of a product, they decided to claim that it "only supported Windows 7", and not XP/Vista/2003/etc. Instead of Q/A, it falls on Support Engineers to do the OS testing...

Windows 8, with a build number of 8888 will be very, very popular among the Chinese.

Who knows how well it will actually sell over there, but it will see a lot of use.

Windows 8, with a build number of 8888 will be very, very popular among the Chinese.

Who knows how well it will actually sell over there, but it will see a lot of use.

Sell? In China? You mean some Chinese actually pay for their software?

Sell? In China? You mean some Chinese actually pay for their software?

Well if they actually buy any future Win8 tablets then yes, they do. :p

Well if they actually buy any future Win8 tablets then yes, they do. :p

Someone will figure out how to hack it, anything man made can be man broken.

Been using this website for years, why do people always care what build number it is? Surly it should be a case of RTM maybe out on a date, or saying it will be out on a date when we have info from MS. What does it matter what number the software is lol.

Didn't know RTM was a beta...

I personally think that RTM speculation still belongs in the beta subforum but you are not the first to point it out. I let it go on the first such reply and moved on, suggest you do the same.

*Update 4* As suspected 9200.16384.win8_rtm.120725-1247 is in fact RTM

Windows 8 China 6.2 9200.16384.120725 has found its way on the internet :p

Not legit, it was the Build 8250 English, the Consumer Preview.

*Update 4* As suspected 9200.16384.win8_rtm.120725-1247 is in fact RTM

Not legit, it was the Build 8250 English, the Consumer Preview.

Yeh I downloaded and checked as well. Looks like we still have to wait :(

Windows 9 won't be around until 2016 at the earliest. And what do you mean "back to normal"? :huh:

Why 2016 at the earliest? Why a longer development cycle than 7 and 8?

I wonder if Toshiba will offer Win8 as an upgrade? I can't see myself killing my already poor financial situation. I'll patiently wait confirmation of my beloved desktop that I know and love.

Win8 is pretty cheap anyway $39?? (hell they already know they cant ask for much more than that with it failing), and who would really pay any more for this disaster? lol Seriously???

Good attempt at trolling, but sorry, Windows 8 is here to stay. Don't want it, don't use it.

Yes, Win8 is "here to stay" until the next (or more likely, the previous) paradigm arrives with Win9.

Been using this website for years, why do people always care what build number it is? Surly it should be a case of RTM maybe out on a date, or saying it will be out on a date when we have info from MS. What does it matter what number the software is lol.

I'm with you man!