[RTM] Windows 8 - CONFIRMED Windows 8 RTM Build = 9200.16384.win8_rtm.12072

I wish Microsoft would allow us to buy the OS right now. I mean, it's done. I understand that the retail boxed copies take time to be made, but still. Almost 3 months left. The wait continues. If the leaked copy is giving you problems then downgrade to 7 and wait.

It's definitely pretty much ready for prime time - the issue, as is usual, remains support for the absolute latest in terms of GPUs. (This is, in fact, typical for Windows.)

The two games I had issues with in the Previews (Crysis 2 and DX11 support and TERA Online's failure) are *both* fixed in the RTM build (in my case, Pro with Media Center - the identical configuration I'll be running when it hits shelves), and I had no other issues, with hardware, applications, or anything else.

How much hdd space does win8 pro or pro media centre x64 take up? Has anyone figured out a way to boot into windows 8 yet or has that been completely disabled in the rtm build?

For all the complaints, Windows 8 Pro with Media Center uses less space than 7 Ultimate (both x64 and both sans Service Packs) - makes me wonder how much *fat* 7 Ultimate had in terms of code that Windows 8 Pro with Media Center broke no general applications, added a new API, actually added a few applications and ultilities, yet is both faster (in terms of performance) and smaller than the OS it replaced.

It's definitely pretty much ready for prime time - the issue, as is usual, remains support for the absolute latest in terms of GPUs. (This is, in fact, typical for Windows.)

The two games I had issues with in the Previews (Crysis 2 and DX11 support and TERA Online's failure) are *both* fixed in the RTM build (in my case, Pro with Media Center - the identical configuration I'll be running when it hits shelves), and I had no other issues, with hardware, applications, or anything else.

Surely its the vendors fault? I mean if they are told October W8 release, would they be having to work to that or work to the MSDN schedule?

I got tired of seeing the activation watermark, it got in the way of a lot of things, especially while I'm trying to design in photoshop or code in dreamweaver

I have encountered bug where randomly, the right click context menu small triangles pointing to right stop bringing up the relevant context menu.