[RTM] Windows 8 - CONFIRMED Windows 8 RTM Build = 9200.16384.win8_rtm.12072

Fake screenshot probably: it should read Windows 8 Professional, not Windows 8 Pro

I am pretty sure it is Pro and not Professional. :p

Big question

Even if Pro is leaked, how can you install it without key? It requires a key during setup innit?

It's a Volume Edition, WZOR would embed a "bad but valid key" in the installer like the previous leaked Ent., you can skip the key entry on installation but you will have it in "Notification Mode", don't use it as your regular OS.

As for the name Pro, no need to get back to cave, just read Mr. LeBlanc's blog about the win8 SKU's. :)

screen1172.jpg

It's a Volume Edition, WZOR would embed a "bad but valid key" in the installer like the previous leaked Ent., you can skip the key entry on installation but you will have it in "Notification Mode", don't use it as your regular OS.

As for the name Pro, no need to get back to cave, just read Mr. LeBlanc's blog about the win8 SKU's. :)

I dont understand. Why cant we use it as our regular OS? I was planning on using it till I got a valid Product key.

I dont understand. Why cant we use it as our regular OS? I was planning on using it till I got a valid Product key.

no problem. :)

You'll lack the ability to easily change lock wallpaper and start screen wallpaper. But there are workarounds for that.

You also get activation notifications every now and again. No biggie.

It's usable, just not ideal.

If it's like Windows Vista/7, the volume editions are installed with the KMS Client key by default. You need to change it only if you're not on a network advertising KMS services. Until then, the licensing service will be in "Initial Grace Period". WZOR will not embed anything.

If it's like Windows Vista/7, the volume editions are installed with the KMS Client key by default. You need to change it only if you're not on a network advertising KMS services. Until then, the licensing service will be in "Initial Grace Period". WZOR will not embed anything.

So during that period you cant use applications such as Office? or install anything?

On windows 7, you can do anything you like, even install apps requiring WGA checks (as long as you're not in an "out of tolerance", or "Invalid License" state)

On windows 8, things might have changed, I heard you can't even change visual settings until you're activated.

On windows 7, you can do anything you like, even install apps requiring WGA checks (as long as you're not in an "out of tolerance", or "Invalid License" state)

On windows 8, things might have changed, I heard you can't even change visual settings until you're activated.

Win8 behaves exactly the same way as Win7, you can still change your Desktop and install software even w/o activating. Only the Start screen seems to be locked down, stuck on the default settings until you activate.

Windows 8 Enterprise Non-N (Bootable this time) just leaked...

MICROSOFT.WINDOWS.8.ENTERPRISE.RTM.X64.VOLUME.ENGL ISH.DVD-WZT

BUILD: 6.2.9200.16384.WIN8_RTM.120725-1247

FILE: 9200.16384.120725-1247_x64frev_Enterprise_VL_HRM_CENA_X64FREV_EN-US_DVD.iso

SIZE: 3,490,912,256 byte

SHA-1: 73DF20A98D8CDF52E70FBFFECBEBA63F2A242322

MD5: 73CE7A432BA94AFC2C7A4F05B507D8F1

CRC: C5BF29FF

NOTE: this is original M$ image.

by W.Z.T

8|3|12

I won't link it obviously. The place I got the link from removed it now as well, gawd. You either need to be fast with these things, or a member of the locked-down WZor forum.

Win8 behaves exactly the same way as Win7, you can still change your Desktop and install software even w/o activating. Only the Start screen seems to be locked down, stuck on the default settings until you activate.

I assume you have it installed than ?

It's really the start screen and some customization options that are locked until you activate it. I think some apps like Office 2013 don't run to but I think it's limited to that only on the desktop side for now.

you can do just that, but for some reason to the people on here not having the ability to change your color scheme from sky blue to baby blue makes the entire OS useless.

I'm surprised people are still hopeful about the icons. People were convinced they'd be changed in the RTM. But if you look at MS's track record at updating art (especially icons) it's been awful. There's still XP-era artwork littered throughout. I wouldn't hold your breath.

I'm surprised people are still hopeful about the icons. People were convinced they'd be changed in the RTM. But if you look at MS's track record at updating art (especially icons) it's been awful. There's still XP-era artwork littered throughout. I wouldn't hold your breath.

Most people are actually complaining that the old icons were not changed. Windows 8 is done so there is no chance for new icons. Maybe in Windows 9, maybe not.

I won't link it obviously. The place I got the link from removed it now as well, gawd. You either need to be fast with these things, or a member of the locked-down WZor forum.

lol who gives a ****?. No one wants that OS as main, more when 7 is running pretty well and 8 is nothing but a new start menu. They convert your computer into a gigantic phone. I see microsoft releasing a crack to their own system to make it popular.

Better luck with 9.

lol who gives a ****?. No one wants that OS as main, more when 7 is running pretty well and 8 is nothing but a new start menu. They convert your computer into a gigantic phone. I see microsoft releasing a crack to their own system to make it popular.

Better luck with 9.

Nice try. Not hungry. Won't bite,