Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dafin0

Benefits of Windows 8?

10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. the boss wants me to do up a list of benefits for Windows 8 that a normal home user will benifit from.

please no troll posts (sad i have to say that)

1 person likes this

Phew* Thought this was going to be another hater/antims/fanboy attacker post. Great to know it's just to look up info.

Biggest for me is the quick bootup times and the better resource usage (although the latter isn't really showing itself since I upgraded to 8GB RAM).

I'm assuming if we reply we'll get a cut of your pay? :p

We should, because one of the benefits is that his boss can now dig out the otherwise worthless XP key and change to the all new win8 at only 39.99. :laugh:

Hi everyone. the boss wants me to do up a list of benefits for Windows 8 that a normal home user will benifit from.

please no troll posts (sad i have to say that)

I think Microsoft should start doing something similar to what Apple do, in which they list all 200+ (or whatever number) of the operating system's new features

There are way too many for me to mention, but the Wikipedia list that xendrome linked to includes most of what I would have said. Hopefully you'll find what you're after :)

There is a product guide linked from this page: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/release-preview?ocid=O_WOL_W8R_OandO_Home_EN-US

The product guide will have some info (I haven't read it myself but should be detailed)

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=251529

thanks everyone for the help

maybe next time :p

I'd argue you can customize the new start screen to your companies flavor. Almost like a custom homepage for your users.