Naked burglar enters apartment, grabs 8-year-old

GLENDALE, AZ - Phoenix man Joshua Daniel Reardon was taken into custody by police Monday afternoon after an incident involving burglary, aggravated assault and indecent exposure.

According to court documents, Reardon, 33, was walking naked around the Huntington Apartment Complex just before 12:30 p.m. as he came upon a family of four females walking back to their apartment.

Two of the females, ages six and four, were told by their mother to run upstairs and close their eyes as Reardon was exposing his genitals to them.

The women stated that she and many other residents in the apartment complex had been yelling at the man to put clothes on.

One of the females called the police from inside her apartment to report his indecent exposure and noticed the man walking into one of her neighbor?s apartments a few minutes later.

She knew Reardon didn?t live at the apartment, so she became concerned, especially knowing her neighbor, who is nine months pregnant, and her two daughters were inside.

The woman then heard a scream coming from one of the daughters in the apartment.

"It was one of the scariest things I think I have been through in my life."

Court documents say that Reardon entered the apartment through the front door with only pieces of a torn shirt covering his genitals.

"He was naked. It was almost like he had torn off his shirt. It wasn't even a whole shirt, it was a ripped piece of shirt," the woman said.

more

Would of pointed my gun at him and waited for his next move, while yelling for my wife to call the cops. If I recall correctly there was a case a few months ago of a man beating to death a man that tried to molest his kid.

One of the scariest things she been through?

Why people are so scared by human body in this country?

Visit a grocery store -- some of those extra-large women sure scare me ! :woot:

• Like 1

Im sure its not the fact hes naked that scared them. Its the fact hes naked and walks into your apartment where you have children. Did i really have to explain that to you?

Would of pointed my gun at him and waited for his next move, while yelling for my wife to call the cops. If I recall correctly there was a case a few months ago of a man beating to death a man that tried to molest his kid.

Yup, right here in Texas. Grand jury refused to charge him with a crime.

Behavior on what is suspected to be bath salts:

http://youtu.be/Wh_nZiuFC4o

I would probably have gone for the beating-to-death route too, so, inexplicably, you have demonstrated a case where having a gun is actually the better option.

Really? A naked stranger enters your apartment and grabs one of your kids and that's no reason for alarm to you?

Really? A naked stranger enters your apartment and grabs one of your kids and that's no reason for alarm to you?

wow I didn't realize I said that, thank you!

Since he had something covering his genitals, that means he wasn't naked!

The American definition of naked is like if you show your complete arms you are naked.

Im sure its not the fact hes naked that scared them. Its the fact hes naked and walks into your apartment where you have children. Did i really have to explain that to you?

No you don't have to explain that to me. I understand it perfectly.

However, how can a naked man without any weapon scare you? And one of the scariest? She is in her apartment and let me see.....O YES SHE MIGHT HAVE SOME KNIFES AROUND.

Sorry I just think women can protect themselves and don't need to be scared so easily. Maybe I'm a minority there.

Oh well done. Achievement unlocked: Act open-minded about the human body. Round of applause for you...

Except to a lot of people, a naked intruder inside your house IS a terribly frightening situation - because (1) it's an intruder and (2) they clearly are not right in the head seeing as they are walking around naked inside your private residence.

Personally, I have no issue with the human form. I'm most comfortable naked. And yeah, a naked woman wouldn't bother me at all. But if I found one uninvited in my home my initial assumption would be that they had mental problems or intentions I do not want!