Xbox 360 LIVE Beta enrollment now open for 2012 Fall update

I've personally hit a snag and can't see the private forum group, get a group not found error. Seems there's a mixup with my forum permissions and it'll take 5 days for them to update?!?!? Too long for something that seems so simple to me.

I've personally hit a snag and can't see the private forum group, get a group not found error. Seems there's a mixup with my forum permissions and it'll take 5 days for them to update?!?!? Too long for something that seems so simple to me.

I've getting that since yesterday. I don't think they are completely ready yet (or somebody forgot to inform the forum admins? :D)

Got the update. Pinning is not nearly as cool as I'd hoped

Whats the point of Pinning anyway?

Downloading the update just now but I assume you can just pin all your favourite games, apps and webpages to a panel on the home screen for easy access. Can't imagine I'll use it much though

I turned on my xbox about 15mins ago but got no update prompt yet. Gonna try again in a bit.

Downloading the update just now but I assume you can just pin all your favourite games, apps and webpages to a panel on the home screen for easy access. Can't imagine I'll use it much though

Annoyingly you cant seem to pin to the Home Screen, theres a new tile called "Pinned" which takes you to a different screen with your pinned apps.

Wonder how long it will take for me to get the update, I just ran the initial app to register the console

took me < 24 hrs

It's essentially a somewhat more useful version of Quick Play, you can pin a lot of things to the "My Pins" section like website favorites, games, music or apps. It would have been better if it created an entire "page" (like Games, Videos and Social, etc) that had all my pinned items so I would never have to go to any of the other pages again.

if you was in the last beta are you in the new beta ?

Nope you had to sign up again, well as far as I'm aware anyways

well i got the update and currrently using the Xbox IE to write this

its slow and laggy on the neowin site, a chatpad is a must IMO, its just to much of a PITA to type othherwise. other then that there isnt many issues except the Ad Banners are broke. but that ay be a thing with IE Xbox

unrelated to IE and Neowin, after doing the update it feels like everything is bigger UI wise to where im going to check if its still set to 1080, also the UI is kinda changed. more tiles in some areas, mostly ads

flash work?

Nope, any site that I've tried that uses flash has just prompted me to download the latest version of flash player

Woops, signed the NDA and said on here that I wouldn't be discussing it. Have the update for an hour and I'm blabbing.

unrelated to IE and Neowin, after doing the update it feels like everything is bigger UI wise to where im going to check if its still set to 1080, also the UI is kinda changed. more tiles in some areas, mostly ads

I noticed that too! I'm glad I'm not the only one, this next issue isn't new, but sadly is still present. Is it me or does the whole UI look scaled up and blurry, especially in 1080? I Text edges are blurry etc.

flash work?

no, not installed

i went to instal it and it wouldnt, said Xbox doesnt support downloading to local storage, and i had the checkbox to download Gogle Chrome :) id like to see the usage log of that, lol

I noticed that too! I'm glad I'm not the only one, this next issue isn't new, but sadly is still present. Is it me or does the whole UI look scaled up and blurry, especially in 1080? I Text edges are blurry etc.

yea the UI definatly is biger and not as sharp

i checked the settings, both Xbox and TV are displaying at 1080.

while in settings i found that you can now Name the Xbox

Am I the only one who didn't see IE? I looked real quick after the update but I didn't see it anywhere.

Noticed a lot of small changes in console settings. I haven't seen this section of the dashboard in years so not sure what's really new.

Am I the only one who didn't see IE? I looked real quick after the update but I didn't see it anywhere.

It's an App, you have to download it from the app section

It's an App, you have to download it from the app section

Yeah it doesn't show up in the app section, is it US only or something stupid like that? Since i'm not in the US my list of apps is very very limited.

Yeah it doesn't show up in the app section, is it US only or something stupid like that? Since i'm not in the US my list of apps is very very limited.

It's a known issue, it's been posted in the support forum and the Xbox Team is aware of it.

I take it now that it's installed, any updates will show up for it. I hope. Hopefully Flash and ActiveX will come soon.

Other than that, I just love the changes. And IE performs incredibly.

I take it now that it's installed, any updates will show up for it. I hope. Hopefully Flash and ActiveX will come soon.

Other than that, I just love the changes. And IE performs incredibly.

Hoping for Flash is bad, but understandable..

Hoping for ActiveX.. no.. just no..