beta xbox xbox 360

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 DR3AMxCATCHER

DR3AMxCATCHER

Conflict Will Arise But The Faithful Will Survive

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:13

I've noticed a very laggy experience within the guide. My friends list usually is not playing the game that is listed. Also, joining a party seems to take forever to load the names. Not sure if anyone else has had those issues. I haven't seen the replicated gamertag glitch/error from the previous dashboard though.

#62 DR3AMxCATCHER

DR3AMxCATCHER

Conflict Will Arise But The Faithful Will Survive

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:41

Not to double post like a noob, but I got an update today when I signed in. Not sure what the changes were as I haven't really looked into what the update was about. Anyone else get it?

#63 OP George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 22 August 2012 - 23:03

I haven't managed to use my 360 much this past week or so but the last update I got was one related to IE mostly since it kicked on when I tried to use the app.

#64 Anthony Tosie

Anthony Tosie

Neowinian

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:05

I like the speed and functionality of the new dashboard, but I don't like a lot of the UI changes they've made. They've added a lot of gradients and junk that shouldn't be in a Metro interface. Somewhat disappointing from that regard.

#65 Roger H.

Roger H.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 20
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 26 August 2012 - 15:07

Ok, figured i'd ask here, as you can see on the first page I was one of the first to sign up but never got around to putting the key in my Xbox (travelling, family stuff) now i'm checking on Connect and don't see the place for finding my key again. I look at where it supposed to be but I don't have the option anymore. Should have just saved my key in a notepad file but figured it would always be there. Anyone got a link to it to PM me? (obviously i'd need to be accepted in order for the link to work anyways).

#66 OP George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 26 August 2012 - 15:12

I like the speed and functionality of the new dashboard, but I don't like a lot of the UI changes they've made. They've added a lot of gradients and junk that shouldn't be in a Metro interface. Somewhat disappointing from that regard.

I agree with you for the most part, they should dump the gradients at least. Other than that I like the overall update, it feels faster and there's more info per group. Pinning is nice and I find the game suggestions handy as well. IE works to, and loads the pages I've tried so far fast though neowin is a bit funky when scrolling at this point. I just wish I could get more apps in my locale, it's all US for the most part with Canada and the UK having a few, maybe some other of the bigger EU nations as well, France and Germany. I'm out in the cold though and I hope at least the future Xbox Music and Video service doesn't leave me out as well.

#67 Anthony Tosie

Anthony Tosie

Neowinian

Posted 02 September 2012 - 20:31

I agree with you for the most part, they should dump the gradients at least. Other than that I like the overall update, it feels faster and there's more info per group. Pinning is nice and I find the game suggestions handy as well. IE works to, and loads the pages I've tried so far fast though neowin is a bit funky when scrolling at this point. I just wish I could get more apps in my locale, it's all US for the most part with Canada and the UK having a few, maybe some other of the bigger EU nations as well, France and Germany. I'm out in the cold though and I hope at least the future Xbox Music and Video service doesn't leave me out as well.

Yup, pinning's fantastic, and Internet Explorer is decent enough. Can't see myself using it much, but hey, not gonna complain about having it.

Another UI quibble: I've noticed that they seem to be caching the box art and logos, so if your Internet goes out or you use your Xbox offline the interface becomes extremely ugly, with placeholder box art/logos. I do like how the tile icons are larger and bolder, however.

#68 Timan

Timan

Fade Away...

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 02 September 2012 - 20:38

EVERYONE NEEDS TO BE PLAYING HAPPY WARS (in the beta)

#69 Jan

Jan

It's not a Navy boat, it's a Gravy boat

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 02 September 2012 - 20:40

EVERYONE NEEDS TO BE PLAYING HAPPY WARS (in the beta)

Is it any good?

#70 Timan

Timan

Fade Away...

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 02 September 2012 - 20:50

Is it any good?

Yep, its under the Beta tab, then tap extras, and you can download it.

Its kinda like Fat Princess on ps3, free to play tho