Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Media rebroadcasting

5 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm looking for a service that will 're-stream' a broadcast from a low-bandwidth server so that many more people can access it.

I figured I would use something like Windows Media Encoder 9 for the initial low-bandwidth server to a service with high-bandwidth so hundreds or thousands can access it.

Specifically, I am trying to rebroadcast an actual radio station onto the web. They have very slow connection or I'd point everyone directly.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Posted

Vlc can stream media from a server and then allow others to connect directly to Vlc instead of the server Vlc got the media from?

Posted

Server 1 broadcasts media ONLY for Server 2 to stream. Server 2 streams Server 1's broadcast to everyone else.

How can I do this?

Posted

Its been a long time since i needed to do anything like this so from memory this should work but now there may be better ways of accomplishing this within vlc.

Open vlc, open network stream, select stream, select the new destination and whatever transcoding you want select stream. And it should be rebroadcasting you original source.