• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 The Dingus Diddler

The Dingus Diddler

Sir Derpy McHerperton III

• 1,935 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 1020

Posted 27 July 2012 - 13:30

If they had been passing food over her body then that would have been f***ed up but the body was in a separate area of the building, sure it was a shame but they couldn't just shut down the whole building and stop business especially when it took so long for the body to be removed

#17 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

• 8,369 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 13:32

It's only a McDonalds, they could have asked people to wait outside until the paramedics took her away, it's hardly a business so important it just had to continue

If it was my mum I'd have gone back and smashed up

#18 The Dingus Diddler

The Dingus Diddler

Sir Derpy McHerperton III

• 1,935 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 1020

Posted 27 July 2012 - 13:34

The main restaurant was closed. The only staff left were in the kitchen and drive thru and no customers were in the store.

#19 roadwarrior

roadwarrior

Mississippian by birth and by choice

• 12,944 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 13:39

Oh yeah, good point. Maybe the doctors didn't arrive by ambulance? I know here doctors have smaller, speedier cars to drive around in.

Perhaps that is the case there. When I hear the term "emergency services" I generally think of an ambulance, since that is what would generally happen here.

#20 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

• 8,369 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 13:42

When I hear the term "emergency services" I generally think of an ambulance

I generally think of handcuffs, small cold cells and hangovers :p

#21 Charisma

Charisma

e-1337-ist

• 4,545 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 13:45

WTF? You guys see nothing wrong them continuing to serve food with a dead body in the restaurant??
:|

It's McDonalds, the food already tastes like... eh, never mind.

You've seen the stories, though. If they had closed down operations, the news stories would be "Crazy mom smashes windows of McDonalds and assaults the manager after they refused to serve her due to someone having died on the premises".

#22 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,342 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 27 July 2012 - 14:10

It's only a McDonalds

So if it was a three-star Michelin restaurant it would have been okay? I honestly don't understand how you can make a distinction.

they could have asked people to wait outside until the paramedics took her away, it's hardly a business so important it just had to continue

If you had read the article you'd have seen that they did in fact do that, as they closed the restaurant area. However, there was no risk to customer service, health or dignity by continuing to serve food for drive-thru customers. Can you imagine shutting an entire supermarket or shopping centre simply because one person in an isolated area had suffered a heart attack? Where do you draw the line? You're talking about losing tens of thousands of kunas in business simply because somebody happened to die in a place of business. Staff provided medical assistance and did what they could. Thankfully businesses don't open and close dependent on how important you deem them to be!

If it was my mum I'd have gone back and smashed up

Do you really have so little self-control? People die... it happens. The members of staff did what they thought was best and clearly they considered her dignity by putting a napkin over her head, as covering the eyes is a typical sign of respect. Whereas by going there and kicking off you would be deliberately and calculatingly breaking the law to serve your base emotional needs. It is behaviour like that that society can do without.

#23 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,680 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 14:12

Why didn't they put her to work ? She could have held the door open ...

#24 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:20

WTF? You guys see nothing wrong them continuing to serve food with a dead body in the restaurant??

I see a lot wrong with it. It's more than a bit creepy.

#25 Osiris

Osiris

Neowinian God!

• 11,384 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 930

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:25

I hear heaven has free upsizes, score.

Jokes side, difficult situation really, I imagine and hope they moved her to a seperate area while waiting for the mutuaries to collect her. To be honest though, seeing a stranger collapse of a heart attack wouldnt make my hunger disappear so for consumers was pretty handy they stayed open.

#26 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 17,548 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:29

Depends on how long she's been there and how 'ripe' they are and your mindset. I used to lunch with one of the forensic pathologists in the autopsy suite; with open bodies on the other tables; usually Chinese food.

#27 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,680 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 13:14

Some places would charge -- "see the dead body".