[Poll] Do you believe in ghosts ?

Do you believe in ghosts ?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in ghosts and if so, which kind ?

• Yes - Ghosts are dead humans
    • Yes - Ghosts are demons and have never been human
    • Yes - Ghosts are a mixture of dead humans and demons
    • Yes - Other (Explain)
    • No - There is no spirit world, neither human nor demon
    • No - Other (Explain)
    • I don't believe or disbelieve, due to there being no known evidence

So what do you believe?

Me and the missus have started watching just about every paranormal show we can find, and she really believes in all that stuff, that people die and can return as ghosts

I believe that there is a spirit world, but those spirits have never been human and trying to contact them could turn out to be pretty nasty.

What do you think?

Do you have any ghost stories ?

I think so, I stayed at my aunts house and around 2am one morning the bathroom door slammed shut. There's no windows in the area, later that night I seen lights swirling around. It couldn't have been from car headlights because her house is way back from the road. She went out to the store once when I stayed there alone and I heard something like foot steps on the second floor, I went up there and no one was there. My aunt didn't believe me about the swirling lights but she called me about 2 weeks ago and said she seen the same thing.

Not dissing anyone's particular beliefs, but not since I was a kid, no. If any ever show up to say hi I'll change my vote though.

I've seen enough weird things to say that there's something else out there, altho a Christian, I don't subscribe to the demon angle either, the demon angle makes no damn sense based on the available evidence

Maybe ghosts aren't really ghosts. Maybe its the 3rd dimension colliding with ours lol.

lol I've thought about that before, like watching things like Ghost Adventures, when they are using different equipment to hear voices from beyond, I was imagining a parallel universe with them in the same place doing the same thing and hearing themselves lol

I believe there is a layer of reality which we interact with, yet cannot detect. And that reality is what we perceive as "paranormal".

Wait, does someone actually believe in ghosts?

Not trying to be rude here, but isn't that something to make movies somewhat interesting - rather than something that actually exists?

The poll should sound more like: "are you naive enough to believe in ghosts.... outside of video games?" XD

Such kind of "believing" is called superstition, and I thought people intelligent enough to operate a computer couldn't be affected by this kind of things. Oh well, after all there is someone using Apple "holy" product so everything's possible in this world XD

Wait, does someone actually believe in ghosts?

Not trying to be rude here, but isn't that something to make movies somewhat interesting - rather than something that actually exists?

No -- the movies are based on a glimmer of reality. ;)

Watch Supernatural, amazing show... I have actually even seen one, and no it wasn't my brain's mistake...about 5 or more years ago, at night, when the power was out in my area, me, my sis and her neighbour friend were hanging out at the balcony at the back of my house, suddenly we saw(all three) a glimpse of a "thing" in white clothes in the corridor, if only i saw then it would me my brain playing tricks but all three of us saw it...I kinda don't believe in ghost but as a Muslim, we believe in Jinns which are one of the the creatures God has created...so i believe maybe for some reason they vibrate at out frequency so we can hear and see them for some short time...

There should be an option for people who subscribe to an agnostic view, not believing or disbelieving without seeing proof.

Not sure how to word that option without turning the thread into a religious debate, you're welcome to add the option if you can word it as such :)

I don't believe there is any kind of "spirit world", "afterlife", or "other dimension" dead people go to (think about it, if they were in a dimension we can't perceive we wouldn't see any sign of them at all).

Not sure how to word that option without turning the thread into a religious debate, you're welcome to add the option if you can word it as such :)

I didn't mean agnostic as a stance on any religions or deities. I just meant an option for those who don't subscribe to either position ('yes' or 'no'), in regard to belief of the existence of ghosts, due to there being no known evidence. But I see your point and I would certainly not wish for this to turn into a religious debate, heh.

Perhaps "I don't believe or disbelieve, due to there being no known evidence" would work as an option?

I didn't mean agnostic as a stance on any religions or deities. I just meant an option for those who don't subscribe to either position ('yes' or 'no'), in regard to belief of the existence of ghosts, due to there being no known evidence. But I see your point and I would certainly not wish for this to turn into a religious debate, heh.

Perhaps "I don't believe or disbelieve, due to there being no known evidence" would work as an option?

Sounds good to me :) (I don't have any editing time left so I`ll let you add that option)

Oh yeah ghost exist alright... *sarcasm*

I watched that episode and they called him out and told the viewers he was BS'ing

I watched that episode and they called him out and told the viewers he was BS'ing

One hoax does not mean all ghostly experiences are 'faked'. LOL :laugh:

You should really read more. ;)

One hoax does not mean all ghostly experiences are 'faked'. LOL :laugh:

no no I know! I was meaning that it was only that one guy who was messing around, not the whole show, and they even zoomed and slow motioned it to completely show him up as a fake (He was a guest on the show) and ensure the viewers didn't think they were trying to pull a fast one on them :)