• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:42

Definately worth the switch mate. (Y)

#17 Ryoken

Ryoken

The Other Other White Meat

• Phone: iPhone 4S, Nexus 7, iPad Mini

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:45

Google Now hasn't done much to impress me.. it doesn't show the weather for where I actually live, doesn't grab sports info about the sports I actually follow, and the rest is stuff I don't need/want.. all it is, is another way to access Google search..

Long Term Android might start to improve.. but as it stands now, today, if you want the experience go iOS.. if price is the issue, then go Nexus 7.

#18 Vice

Vice

Bye!

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:56

With the Nexus 7 selling really well more apps are going to be developed for or ported to Android tablets. Then there are built-in features like Google Now which give Android an edge over iOS.

All in all I'd say at the moment the Nexus 7 is the better option than the iPad 2. What happens in the mid- to long-term remains to be seen - how are Apple going to react to the Nexus 7, which impact are Windows 8 tablets going to have etc.

Funny, same thing people said when the Kindle Fire launched. And yet here we are a year later saying the same thing. I think we should just assess a situation based on what is happening now instead of guessing what will happen in the future.

#19 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:42

The thing that is putting me off most about the Nexus 7 is the fact that Android apps are a crapshoot, outside of bundled apps you won't find many that are optimised for a tablet so all you end up getting is 1280x800 upscaled phone UI.

#20 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:50

Funny, same thing people said when the Kindle Fire launched. And yet here we are a year later saying the same thing. I think we should just assess a situation based on what is happening now instead of guessing what will happen in the future.

Kindle Fire was a joke unless you just really really like Amazon.

Personally I'd keep the iPad. I love my n7 mind you, but it is what it is...cheap, quality, portable, but the apps...sheesh you can't even get half the existing marketplace from what I've noticed.

#21 OP Eddie7

Eddie7

Hallo... www.connectw.me

• Phone: 1-800-CALL-ME-MAYBE

Posted 29 July 2012 - 15:29

What I find curious is that you asked us for our opinion yet it seems you already made your mind the moment you started this thread.

Not really. I really want to try the Nexus 7 out but I don't know if it's better than the iPad 2 as I currently have that.

#22 Manish

Manish

Neowinian Senior

Posted 29 July 2012 - 15:36

These threads are always pointless without any indication whatsoever of what the OP actually wants from the device(s) in question. As such, asking if the Nexus 7 is better than the iPad 2 isn't going to produce the most helpful answers.

#23 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

• Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 29 July 2012 - 15:38

I obviously need this.

Why is that obvious? You haven't given any specifics about what you need your tablet for. We aren't telepaths just yet.

#24 srbeen

srbeen

Neowinian

Posted 29 July 2012 - 15:43

its an oversized cell phone. iPad uses the screens real estate. android scales. It don't have tablet apps. I would highly suggest against the nexus unless 10" is too big for you. All your iPad purchases are not transferable either. rebuy your software and specific android apps that are needed.Apple will join the 7 inch club this fall.. the iphone 5 and the mini ipad will be virtually the same damn thing.

#25 +Brando212

Brando212

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 11
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL, Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 29 July 2012 - 15:46

Personally I'd keep the iPad. I love my n7 mind you, but it is what it is...cheap, quality, portable, but the apps...sheesh you can't even get half the existing marketplace from what I've noticed.

that's more the fact that it's the first device on JB i'm pretty sure, either way that's QUICKLY improving
as of today I can hardly find anything that won't install on my nexus 7 which wasn't the case when i got it in the mail a couple weeks ago

#26 OP Eddie7

Eddie7

Hallo... www.connectw.me

• Phone: 1-800-CALL-ME-MAYBE

Posted 29 July 2012 - 16:20

Why is that obvious? You haven't given any specifics about what you need your tablet for. We aren't telepaths just yet.

Not to sound like a troll but there really isn't a specific thing I'm looking for. I'm talking about in general.

#27 ahhell

ahhell

Neowinian Senior

Posted 29 July 2012 - 16:25

Not to sound like a troll but there really isn't a specific thing I'm looking for. I'm talking about in general.

How exactly do you expect any of us to help you with that decision?
:s

#28 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

Posted 29 July 2012 - 16:29

that's more the fact that it's the first device on JB i'm pretty sure, either way that's QUICKLY improving
as of today I can hardly find anything that won't install on my nexus 7 which wasn't the case when i got it in the mail a couple weeks ago

When I first got the device, three of these were compatible.
https://play.google....G9seV9uYV93ZiJd
Then after a week or two it was four.

Now it's seven. Of 26.

Sure, they're coming, but I'm definately not holding my breath. And this isn't specific to one developer.

#29 Scorbing

Scorbing

Halo Master

• Phone: Galaxy Note 2

Posted 29 July 2012 - 16:36

So I have the iPad 2 right now. I'm thinking of selling it for a Nexus 7 16GB. But is it worth it? What will make me want to buy the Nexus 7 even more? Thanks guys,

That is simple: NO

#30 Deihmos

Deihmos

Neowinian

Posted 29 July 2012 - 16:42

I wouldn't trade an iPad for any android tablet. Android on the phone and tablet are basically the same thing. The ios experience is by far more enjoyable due to the apps and the way the OS works.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!