Photo

Bloody Apple and its obsession with glass screens.

iphone ipad

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

• Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:24

I did a google search and thats the company that was listed...

It is also listed here when talking about the delays with the white iPhone...
http://www.engadget....les-glass-supp/

So if I write an article in some local Dutch newspaper stating Apple gets its glass from a company on Mars, it must be true right?

#62 Phalesafe

Phalesafe

Mista Sparkelo™

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:42

http://www.squaretrade.co.uk/uk-iphone

They cover iPads too. I've thought about it for my iPad 3 but haven't jumped on it because it doesn't leave my sight. I have my phone on my carrier's insurance plan here in the states but thankfully I have yet to tap it $150 out of my pocket if I do and Square Trade would be $50...if only I had known before I locked in with Verizon on that part ><.

*Edit* Damn never noticed the fine print about less than 30 days old! I guess maybe on future purchases ><

#63 +OOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOO

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:48

There are a lot of others screens out there that use gorilla glass that do not break as easily. Besides, would rather have a plastic screen that doesnt shatter than a glass screen that does. Yea, can be the most careful person in the world...but everyone messes up at some point. Only takes once as well.

The best quality stuff shouldnt break so easily either. What it is called QUALITY.

Never said it cannot happen to androids. Apple products are more susceptible to it...a lot more susceptible.

Why lots of people/stores sell kits and repair iPhone screens.

Your argument here is invalid as every single fall / drop of a product will shatter depending on the angle it falls and hits the floor, as well as the surface it lands on.

Here's a photo of my iphone4 after being dropped on concrete from 3ft in the air ... THREE times ....

Posted Image

One small issue with the bottom right. Glass is perfect on front and back other than that.

So no ... other products aren't better if they use the same glass. They USE THE SAME GLASS. It's all about coincidental positioning of fall and impact. I'd much rather have a nice metal and glass device than a cheap ass plastic thing thank you very much.

#64 +techbeck

techbeck

It's not that I am lazy, it's that I just don't care

• Tech Issues Solved: 14

Posted 30 July 2012 - 16:03

So if I write an article in some local Dutch newspaper stating Apple gets its glass from a company on Mars, it must be true right?

Do you just like to argue about silly things or what? I stated that I found that while doing a google search. I in no way said it was 100 percent factual.

Now go away

#65 migo

migo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 31 July 2012 - 22:07

Do you just like to argue about silly things or what? I stated that I found that while doing a google search. I in no way said it was 100 percent factual.

Now go away

Just put .Neo on ignore, that's what I did and Neowin is far more enjoyable now.