Meet the browser: Chrome Next

New change in Chromium 22, which can allow you to change configuration on per site basis right from identity icon.

waPID.png

Don't forget to add: http://peter.sh/

• Like 2

I can not edit my post anymore :(

PM a mod and they will edit it for you.

P.S. It's about time you Chrome junkies finally got some common sense and create a single thread for all of your releases. Firefox has had their own for more than a year.

I just wonder if Google will ever try a new GUI... those tabs are... :no:

What's supposedly "wrong" with the tabs in Chrome?

Absolutely nothing. Google gets the concept of not messing around with GUI and just focusing on what really matters: performance and features. If only Mozilla could take a hint, they could catch up on those areas.

I just don't like them aesthetically. I would like something more minimal and (at least apparently) more OS integrated.

I just don't like them aesthetically. I would like something more minimal and (at least apparently) more OS integrated.

I disagree. The tabs in Chrome are very simple, minimalist and efficient. I really don't like the angular tabs seen in other browsers and Mozilla has clearly come to the same conclusion as they're looking to change to a style similar to Chrome's tabs. Google hit on a very good UI from the get-go and it's one of the few browsers to not undergo considerable visual changes.

PM a mod and they will edit it for you.

Done

At the beginning I thought like you but now I won't miss them.

and Mozilla has clearly come to the same conclusion as they're looking to change to a style similar to Chrome's tabs.

Yes, but Australis tabs are, for me, more aesthetically pleasant.

Don't see that much of a difference

I like the curves and how everything is integrated in the title bar. The GUI in Australis, for me, it's more elegant while in Chrome it's... blank, for a lack of a better word.

Firefox-Australis.jpg

New change in Chromium 22, which can allow you to change configuration on per site basis right from identity icon.

waPID.png

Don't forget to add: http://peter.sh/

I'm using Google Chrome v22.0.1215.3 dev-m and I don't have that. Come on Google update the branch!!

I'm using Google Chrome v22.0.1215.3 dev-m and I don't have that. Come on Google update the branch!!

I am on Chromium 22.0.1221.0 (Build 148901)..

Also in Chrome 22, Google enabled hardware accelerated video decode.

Lets see when Aura UI of Chrome OS lands on desktop..

Dev Channel Update

The Dev channel has been updated to 22.0.1221.0 for Windows and Mac. This update has an updated version of V8 (3.12.16.0) along with other improvements. A complete log of what changed can be found in the svn revision log. Instructions and download links for our different release channels are available on the Chromium wiki. If you find what you think is a new bug, please file it in our issue tracker.

Jason Kersey

Google Chrome

Source: Google Chrome Releases blog

The new site information pop-up from Zlip792's screenshot is in this build.

I'm running the latest Canary build (dev build?) along with the latest Chromium build as well. Anything Flash eventually crashes on me in Canary, but not Chromium. Actually thinking about going back to the beta channel until the Flash issue is resolved, as it is rather annoying obviously. I've reported it so hopefully other people are having the same issue and Google can work on it at some point :)

I'm running the latest Canary build (dev build?) along with the latest Chromium build as well. Anything Flash eventually crashes on me in Canary, but not Chromium. Actually thinking about going back to the beta channel until the Flash issue is resolved, as it is rather annoying obviously. I've reported it so hopefully other people are having the same issue and Google can work on it at some point :)

did they fix the flickering issue in the dev build? I switched to stable because of that.

will switch once they fix it.

I hadn't seen any flickering. Any place specific you saw it? Like, full page scrolling or full screen games or something? I can try to see if I can reproduce the issue I suppose.