Meet the browser: Chrome Next

I'd advise uninstalling Chrome 32-bit first before installing Chrome 64-bit! :p

Yeah it crashed due to flash.. will do it all over (y)

Well, Pepper Flash in the past has caused crash issues, but you can disable the PPAPI plugin in chrome://plugins

As for Flash's links...

Uninstaller: http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player.exe

32-bit + 64-bit Flash Installer: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player.exe

If Flash still crashes, try disabling the Pepper Flash PPAPI plugin and use the NPAPI plugin instead.

• Like 2

Unfortunately I can't go to the 64-bit version yet unless EA have pulled their collective fingers out of their proverbial rear end holes and made 64-bit versions of the Battlelog plugins for Battlefield 4.  I tried a month to 6 weeks ago and Battlelog just wouldn't install the plugins right, or at least couldn't detect them. Presumably because they weren't actually installed because they require a 32-bit version of Chrome.

Wonder what EA will do if the new 64-bit version gets upgraded to automatically by default, and they find everyone with Chrome can no longer play their games?

Unfortunately I can't go to the 64-bit version yet unless EA have pulled their collective fingers out of their proverbial rear end holes and made 64-bit versions of the Battlelog plugins for Battlefield 4.  I tried a month to 6 weeks ago and Battlelog just wouldn't install the plugins right, or at least couldn't detect them. Presumably because they weren't actually installed because they require a 32-bit version of Chrome.

Wonder what EA will do if the new 64-bit version gets upgraded to automatically by default, and they find everyone with Chrome can no longer play their games?

Battlelog's plugins are 32-bit only. However, there is a workaround... kinda... give Battlelogium a try. I use it for Battlefield 4!

Battlelog's plugins are 32-bit only. However, there is a workaround... kinda... give Battlelogium a try. I use it for Battlefield 4!

Nice find thanks... the description sounds cool though.  I'm not familiar with GitHub though, and there's a massive list of things at the top I could potentially download. Is there a nice simple installer for the latest BF4 version of it you could help me to find please? I've ended up so far with just a folder full of other folders, with a single html file at the root. Forgive me being dense :)

Nice find thanks... the description sounds cool though.  I'm not familiar with GitHub though, and there's a massive list of things at the top I could potentially download. Is there a nice simple installer for the latest BF4 version of it you could help me to find please? I've ended up so far with just a folder full of other folders, with a single html file at the root. Forgive me being dense smile.png

near the top (near the purple bar) there is a releases tab. that's where you download it

Nice find thanks... the description sounds cool though.  I'm not familiar with GitHub though, and there's a massive list of things at the top I could potentially download. Is there a nice simple installer for the latest BF4 version of it you could help me to find please? I've ended up so far with just a folder full of other folders, with a single html file at the root. Forgive me being dense :)

Here you go!

https://github.com/Battlelogium/Battlelogium/releases

Awesome!

One note to add though, probably worth mentioning some plugins like Battlelog's web plugins, the WMP plugin for Firefox and QuickTime's plugin won't work as there isn't 64-bit plugins available for these. Flash, Java and Silverlight will work though!

One note to add though, probably worth mentioning some plugins like Battlelog's web plugins, the WMP plugin for Firefox and QuickTime's plugin won't work as there isn't 64-bit plugins available for these. Flash, Java and Silverlight will work though!

the WMP plugin hasn't worked for several versions though anyway (even on 32bit) due to API changes so that's not anything new

Interesting, didn't know that as I don't use it. :p

Anyways, anyone experiencing Flash crashes with 64-bit Chrome is running into issue 360206, e.g. the Flash NPAPI plugin crashes. The workaround for this issue is to do the following;

1) Go to chrome://plugins

2) Click the plus details button to expand the plugin details tree.

3) Under Adobe Flash Player, assuming you have the NPAPI plugin installed, you should see two Flash plugins.

4) Disable the NPAPI plugin and restart Chrome.

5) Profit!

P.S. If you're experiencing Flash crashes on 64-bit Chrome, make sure you report you're experiencing the issue at the link above!

no issues using the PPAPI flash plugin on 64bit chrome here. have had the beta installed on my HTPC for a few weeks and had no issues w/ flash

and yeah I knew about the WMP thing because I used to use it to load a local radio station's web player which uses WMP plugin

Yep, the PPAPI 'Pepper Flash' plugin is solid as a rock stable here too! :D

Also worth pointing out that 64-bit binaries are for Windows (and Linux, but those have been out for a long time) only. Google's working on 64-bit Chrome builds for Mac but I don't know when they'll be released to stable (they don't seem to be in the dev channel yet).

Google's working on 64-bit Chrome builds for Mac but I don't know when they'll be released to stable (they don't seem to be in the dev channel yet).

They already are in Canary and Dev channels. I'm using 64-bit Chrome dev on my Mac right now. Here is the news about it.

So shouldn't it install itself in "C:\Program Files" folder instead of "C:\Program Files (x86)" folder?

In my case in "About Chrome" I see it as 64-bit but it installed itself in "C:\Program Files (x86)" folder ... Weird