Meet the browser: Chrome Next

7 hours ago, maeby said:

is there a way to remove your name in the title bar now that chrome://flags/#enable-new-profile-management is gone?

have a look through this thread, i do recall that beinbg discussed  but whether it still can be done im not sure

• 8 months later...

While digging around chrome://flags I unearthed a few UI changes in today's dev build (67.0.3386.1). See for yourself.

Capture.thumb.PNG.79471d51cd42ba408fe3f7fca3c11c8b.PNG

• 4 weeks later...

I really hope they refine this further before release. It looks really, really unpolished right now. In particular the omnibox.

1 hour ago, Frank B. said:

More new UI elements have landed.

Capture.PNG

looks nice, but yeah i can kinda see why you'd wanna move the + , you might be able to do that with a Extension eventually? . i prefer those Tabs than what Firefox Had, they were to Curved. these are more square/curved

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2018 at 6:23 PM, Zagadka said:

Why the hell would they move the + button way over there? That makes absolutely no sense.

i now can see why it should be moved as its in a bad spot, so i agree with Steven

anyone know if Chrome has a Tab Container Extension or is it inbuilt in Chrome? an what setting is it? 

• 3 months later...

anyone have any idea when this New UI of Chrome is supposed to be released to the public ? it isnt in the Beta 69 . Tabs etc

5 hours ago, Demz said:

anyone have any idea when this New UI of Chrome is supposed to be released to the public ? it isnt in the Beta 69 . Tabs etc

Hopefully they saw the error of their ways and reverted it. I think I am going to move to Firefox anyway. Chrome has turned into a garbage browser.

14 hours ago, Steven P. said:

Hopefully they saw the error of their ways and reverted it. I think I am going to move to Firefox anyway. Chrome has turned into a garbage browser.

i never used Chrome much but only as a last resort, i will not use Edge.  im  more of a firefox user but even that browser is slowly dying :(

• 4 weeks later...

If you don't like the new UI you can revert to the old way for now, by going to chrome://flags and searching for UI Layout and setting it to "Normal" in the dropdown, then restart.

If you revert, you will lose the new password manager but that's it, the fancy new omnibox searches will still work.

Old look:

SNAG-0009.png

New look:

SNAG-0010.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/7/2018 at 7:44 AM, Steven P. said:

If you don't like the new UI you can revert to the old way for now, by going to chrome://flags and searching for UI Layout and setting it to "Normal" in the dropdown, then restart.

If you revert, you will lose the new password manager but that's it, the fancy new omnibox searches will still work.

Old look:

SNAG-0009.png

New look:

SNAG-0010.png

I feel like this post needs pinned. Lol

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

No replies for over a year? 😢 

Chrome page flashing is really annoying to me, I have read that disabling hardware acceleration fixes it but then I get font rendering issues on some pages.

• Steven P. unlocked this topic
On 07/12/2021 at 21:37, Steven P. said:

No replies for over a year? 😢 

Chrome page flashing is really annoying to me, I have read that disabling hardware acceleration fixes it but then I get font rendering issues on some pages.

HWA causes majority of problems in all Browsers

for me, i find Page rendering in any Chrome/Chromium browser is crap with or without HWA on

Edited by bawz

On 07/12/2021 at 23:46, bawz said:

HWA causes majority of problems in all Browsers

for me, i find Page rendering in any Chrome/Chromium browser is crap with or without HWA on

I stick with it for the sync and better cast to Android TV. Edge completely fails at casting.

On 08/12/2021 at 10:19, Steven P. said:

I stick with it for the sync and better cast to Android TV. Edge completely fails at casting.

if i have to use Sync, i use Firefox, but i only do that if i go to Sydney for a few weeks