Meet the browser: Chrome Next

chromium 29 does nothing but aww snap on most pages for me.

scratch that, all is well.

that error appeared for me as well but now it vanished.. So hopefully it will be fixed for you/

that error appeared for me as well but now it vanished.. So hopefully it will be fixed for you/

what version are you using now that you see the new scrollbars?

what version are you using now that you see the new scrollbars?

Version 29.0.1532.0 (204839)

It was two three snapshots back but now I am getting windows based.

• 3 weeks later...

aaah, am I the only one who thinks the new white context menus feel and look good? I like how nicely bookmarks are spaced... :laugh:

Yes. Use a 13.3" laptop at 768-900px high with lots of bookmarks and you'll see the spacing problem. It was intended for touch devices.

Opera team is working on spatial navigation for Chrome side and added some more codes etc in Chrome M29.

Anyone know of a way to make the new download button show more than 3 results? Having it show 5 or 6 would be nice.

I just realized I posted this in the wrong thing. Why do they have to have such similar names? :wacko:

I only just read this and got all excited. I was hoping that Chrome would finally get a new download manager similar to the one in Firefox and Safari. Then I saw your your reply to your own post and that dream got shattered :p

New Tab Page bookmark visual in M30, if bookmark toolbar is disabled.

YVuhk6z.jpg

Can't believe they're still using those old looking folder icons :/

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else having issues with the new notifications?

Except for Gmail, all other notifications don't clear. They stay at the bottom right until I click the X button.

Anyone else?

currently using the 30 dev-m build , feels much snappier 

I am using it since many days in Chromium snapshots.  :D  :)  :D

• 2 weeks later...

I have a bit of a noob question. How do you disable your downloads from appearing as a button at the bottom of the screen until clicked. Sorry, I'm new to Chrome and didn't see a setting anywhere for it.

wsoPWg5.png

I have a bit of a noob question. How do you disable your downloads from appearing as a button at the bottom of the screen until clicked. Sorry, I'm new to Chrome and didn't see a setting anywhere for it.

wsoPWg5.png

To my knowledge there is no setting to disable the 'downloads shelf'. An extension maybe.

Good news or not but I see definitely font rendering got better in M30, I am using Chromium snapshot 30.0.1587.0 (215545). They might have disabled Anti-aliasing, and now text looks better, it can be placebo but I don't think I am that dumb to not know the difference.

I only see this change which can change something like this, but its Mac only.

Turn off antialiases text on the Mac during the layout tests. Using antialiased text causes thousands of pixel test differences between different versions of the operating system, and causes hundreds of reference test failures. This patch turns it off :). Also, this patch temporarily adds a mac-specific MacExpectations file to skip all of the tests that will require new baselines. This keeps the layout test archives on the bots small, and keeps the bots from retrying thousands of failures, until all of the new baselines have been uploaded. I will remove the MacExpectations file at that point. R=ojan@chromium.org BUG=264088

If someone else uses Chromium snapshots, can they confirm this?

That's how it looks like in Chromium right now:

wlcgxiA.jpg

EDIT: I think it is definitely placebo..

M31 kicks in Chromium:

The atomic number of gallium. ISO 31 is the ISO's standard for quantities and units Herbert Hoover was the 31st president of the United States of America The number of flavors of Baskin-Robbins ice cream; the shops are called 31 Ice Cream in Japan The number of days in the months January, March, May, July, August, October and December The code for international direct-dial phone calls to the Netherlands In ice hockey goaltenders often wear the number 31 Halloween occurs on October 31st in Ireland, Canada, United Kingdom, United States and other places Dick Tracy, the comic strip detective character created by cartoonist Chester Gould, makes his debut appearance in the Detroit Mirror newspaper in 1931 In "Heavy Metal", The Harry Canyon segment is set in 2031, beginning on July 3 31 also refers to a rather colorful bit of Turkish Slang Credit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/32_(number)

i just installed Chrome 30 dev-m in Linux :(  wish i could get rid of the Audio problems i have in Chrome, it Hisses/crackling Noise whenever there's voices in the Video. 

i just installed Chrome 30 dev-m in Linux :(  wish i could get rid of the Audio problems i have in Chrome, it Hisses/crackling Noise whenever there's voices in the Video. 

It just updated yesterday, does not it fix issue for you? Try non-PPAPI Flash if possible on Linux.

is this bug or feature? (Omnibox suggestions)

Feature since Chrome 29. It allows that now Chrome omnibox will be more easy to use and hit suggestion with a touch.