Meet the browser: Chrome Next

Excellent so it should not be long for a fix. it has been so bad the last few days i have considered switching back to a released build of chrome.

It took me also two days to wait till fixed version released. Now I am very happy... LOL!!! I suggest you wait more few days they will release fix for it.

Is it possible to get rid of this black bar again in the new Chrome?

Screenshot-on-2013-09-26-at-21.07.26.png

I was using the "Instant Extended API" before the latest Chrome update and it allowed me to remove that blackbar. Now it just pops back up after I searched for something.

I've noticed that it changes 1 part in the url. It changes "chrome&es_sm" to "chrome&espv".

Is it possible to get rid of this black bar again in the new Chrome?

Screenshot-on-2013-09-26-at-21.07.26.png

I was using the "Instant Extended API" before the latest Chrome update and it allowed me to remove that blackbar. Now it just pops back up after I searched for something.

I've noticed that it changes 1 part in the url. It changes "chrome&es_sm" to "chrome&espv".

Use Stylish :

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stylish/fjnbnpbmkenffdnngjfgmeleoegfcffe?hl=de

Set a costum CSS for Google and you'll be fine :)

For example :

#topbar.blackbar {
	display: none;
}

Well, I've noticed it's not only adding the black bar but I'm just getting the old Google page.

It's supposed to look like this:

google-app-launcher-ui-1.png

But it looks like this on my end:

Screenshot-on-2013-09-26-at-23.06.07.png

Odd thing is, it looked like the 1st image before the latest update :s

Well, I've noticed it's not only adding the black bar but I'm just getting the old Google page.

It's supposed to look like this:

google-app-launcher-ui-1.png

But it looks like this on my end:

Screenshot-on-2013-09-26-at-23.06.07.png

Odd thing is, it looked like the 1st image before the latest update :s

i get that New Page occasionally but its not consistantly Loading like it should. it will just show the old Page 

i get that New Page occasionally but its not consistantly Loading like it should. it will just show the old Page

Look at Boo Berry's post quoted in this post :)

You can also try the new Google navigation layout they're beginning to roll out. No more black bar.

http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2013/09/try-googles-new-flat-logo.html

I think that's the fix we need! It looks exactly like the page I had before the update. I'll confirm if it works on my PC when I'm back home from my internship later today!

Edit: I can confirm that this works :) Though I had to force Chrome to use Google.com instead of Google.nl, haha :p

So it seems DirectWrite support will soon to come in Chrome:

Bug: https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=25541

How I think it is soon to come: https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/#!topic/blink-dev/_19XaMfHdww

• Like 1

hopefully they release 31 to Beta channel tomorrow since 30 is in stable now , i dunno how many changes there will be in 31 for Linux users? looks to me its mostly  Windows Users where most the changes are 

hopefully they release 31 to Beta channel tomorrow since 30 is in stable now , i dunno how many changes there will be in 31 for Linux users? looks to me its mostly  Windows Users where most the changes are 

31.0.1650.8 dev-m is on the dev channel now. biggest issues so far have been spell check not swapping out for corrected work when you right click and select the word you want and the whole page turning black if you move tabs too quickly while its loading.

Landed in latest snapshot: 

https://codereview.chromium.org/25773002

Switch Windows to use Skia for text metrics

Switch the Windows port to use Skia instead of GDI directly for text
metrics, font selection and paint setup.

DirectWrite is coming faster than I imagined....

DirectWrite support? Did Hell freeze over? :rofl:

I'm glad they're finally getting around to it. Also does anyone else get the bug in the latest dev channel that if you switch tabs while a page is loading, it goes black (and thus you need to close the tab and try again)?

^ yeah that's a know bug Chase

Ah good, hope it gets solved soon because it's really frustrating me. It's dev after all...

Ah good, hope it gets solved soon because it's really frustrating me. It's dev after all...

Have you updated to Chrome 32 dev yet? Supposedly it fixes that particular bug.

so far the Chrome 32 build is much better than the last aura build uses less resources and does have as many GUI glitches as the last Aura build.

Have you updated to Chrome 32 dev yet? Supposedly it fixes that particular bug.

I haven't run updates since maybe a couple of days ago, so I imagine that it will need updating. I'll have to check tomorrow.

Now if only the devs can fix the cut off on all four sides when maximized for the 64-bit Chromium build for Windows, and I'll be set.

From where to get 64-bit builds...

I get mine from here: http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/chromium-browser-snapshots/index.html?path=Win/

Oh yes, another bug with the Chrome OS implementation. If you're running dual display, and minimise the browser window inside the Chrome OS frame on a smaller display, it'll attempt to maximise to the primary display's resolution, bugging it out.

So on a 1440x900 display, Chrome attempts to maximise to 1920x1080. :rofl:

And the black screen bug is now fixed on my machine.

Oh yes, another bug with the Chrome OS implementation. If you're running dual display, and minimise the browser window inside the Chrome OS frame on a smaller display, it'll attempt to maximise to the primary display's resolution, bugging it out.

So on a 1440x900 display, Chrome attempts to maximise to 1920x1080. :rofl:

And the black screen bug is now fixed on my machine.

Not sure if it is related to this issue. That is the only issue preventing me from using their "Modern app" for Chrome honestly. :/