Meet the browser: Chrome Next

nice to see they are finally making an x64 client :D i wonder how long it will take to get to the Dev builds rather than the Chromium builds.

Odd, it looks like my Chrome Canary install went back to the 32-bit executable. Did it for everyone else?

Yeah, guess it had some problems. Hoping it will be back soon

New Banner appears in M36 when Developer mode (here: chrome://extensions/) opened:

bxth6NU.png

Visit Website leads to this: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/chrome-apps-developer-too/ohmmkhmmmpcnpikjeljgnaoabkaalbgc?hl=en-US

Some other changes happened over time but forget to mention:

YVrSkDo.png

Following one has been rephrased to mention more coverage

Iu4dkyc.png

And there's a fix for the cutoff on 64-bit Chromium, excellent. The only issue I have with 64-bit Chromium builds now is the constant Flash crashes. Does anyone know if there's a 64-bit Pepper Flash plugin (dll file + manifest) available for download yet? I was thinking 64-bit Canary would have one but since they pulled the 64-bit builds, I can't find it yet. =\

And there's a fix for the cutoff on 64-bit Chromium, excellent. The only issue I have with 64-bit Chromium builds now is the constant Flash crashes. Does anyone know if there's a 64-bit Pepper Flash plugin (dll file + manifest) available for download yet? I was thinking 64-bit Canary would have one but since they pulled the 64-bit builds, I can't find it yet. =\

Today's canary is 64bit again

w00t, grabbing the new Canary 64-bit now. Hopefully there's a 64-bit Pepper Flash binary bundled with it I can grab.

EDIT: Excellent, got Pepper Flash working in 64-bit Chromium without Flash crashes now (disabled NPAPI Flash). :D

I've noticed for the last few days that the custom order of extension icons next to the address bar doesn't always remember correctly, depending on the extensions used. I use the following three extensions;

No matter how I try to arrange them, when I close the browser the order changes/resets on next start. Will have to search the issues list when I get the time.

I've noticed for the last few days that the custom order of extension icons next to the address bar doesn't always remember correctly, depending on the extensions used. I use the following three extensions;

No matter how I try to arrange them, when I close the browser the order changes/resets on next start. Will have to search the issues list when I get the time.

Order doesn't change for me, just starts as if I had them all hidden and have to drag the omnibox over to show them, not deal breaker considering it's the Dev version

Same here... 

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone else have a problem with recent beta (35) update on Windows? After restarting, my settings were erased and Chrome started crashing every 10-30 minutes :/

Does anyone else have a problem with recent beta (35) update on Windows? After restarting, my settings were erased and Chrome started crashing every 10-30 minutes :/

No issues here.

• 2 weeks later...

Complete DirectWrite support might ship with M37 or 38, the guys are still hard at work on it.

Yeah I've been holding off using it for now since its still got a few sizable issues, mainly monospace fonts are rendered poorly (bug 356823), and it doesn't handle font weights correctly for some fonts (such as segoe ui), waiting patiently for improvements :) chrome's font rendering has been a pet peeve of mine for a while now (along with lack of smooth scrolling).

New Chrome settings in M37, to indicate Proxy extensions:

pvxaRkY.png