Meet the browser: Chrome Next

DirectWrite is now on by default.

on Chrome 37...  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Google PDF Renderer Open Sourced now: https://code.google.com/p/pdfium/

Rather than from Adobe it was actually from Foxit.

http://www.i-programmer.info/news/136-open-source/7433-google-open-sources-pdf-software-library.html

--------------------------------------------------------

New Collect Errors Option for extension under Developer Mode:

v3RyF0S.png

--------------------------------------------------------

Also Chrome is removing GTK theme code in favour of Aura on Linux. If you face it broken, you can guess it is gone now.

New Password Manager option on per site.. Easy to manage if you have multiple accounts on one site..

And0jDx.png

Latest Dev build i notice a lot now when i am moving from tab to tab the tab contents will be blank for a second or two before loading in.

M38 development started.

Chromium 32-bit development shifted to now Git, now unlike previously there is no proper changelog in text format in snapshot folders and snapshots also appear randomly. I shifted my default Chromium 64-bit which does not yet suffered similar fate.

Maybe I just missed it but why did they disable smooth scrolling?

Are you talking about the smooth scrolling flag in about:flags? If so, that's been disabled for a while now, and they disabled it because it doesn't work with threaded compositing.

Are you talking about the smooth scrolling flag in about:flags? If so, that's been disabled for a while now, and they disabled it because it doesn't work with threaded compositing.

That's what I was referring to yes. So I guess I did miss something.

I'm wondering if Google gave the devs a vacation, hence the lack of new Chromium builds for the last week.

Yeah, 64-bit builds are no longer happening, I asked them on chromium-discuss google group but no response so far.

For 32-bit builds, they shifted to Git which does not provide simple xml format changelogs.

To get latest 32-bit build:

- Move to end (use END button from Keyboard)

- Read LAST_CHANGE file in new tab and copy paste string

- Go back to 32-bit snapshots tab and press F3 or Ctrl+F and find string matching folder

It will be latest... I found latest through this... I uninstalled 64-bit (I went to them after they switched to Git but they are no longer maintaining them on that branch IMO).

Looks like they only shifted the 32-bit snapshot builds and not the continuous builds. Gotta wait, I guess. Unless they start offering Win64 snapshots.

Can anyone get Chrome x64 to work with Hyper-V enabled?  I haven't tested without Hyper-V yet but everytime I start Chrome x64 it crashes straight away and I suspect Hyper-V is the reason.

Can anyone get Chrome x64 to work with Hyper-V enabled?  I haven't tested without Hyper-V yet but everytime I start Chrome x64 it crashes straight away and I suspect Hyper-V is the reason.

Does this reveal any hyper-v relevant .dll? or any crash id?

chrome://crashes/

chrome://conflicts/  

Looks like smooth scrolling is finally coming back, they've got a new impl-side implementation:

The following revision refers to this bug:

https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src.git/+/749cbc62498edd705dba6138f924a82c75274c88

commit 749cbc62498edd705dba6138f924a82c75274c88
Author: skobes@chromium.org <skobes@chromium.org@0039d316-1c4b-4281-b951-d872f2087c98>
Date: Thu Jul 10 01:06:35 2014

Impl thread smooth scrolling.

This is a first pass at smooth scrolling on the compositor thread. It adds LayerTreeHostImpl::ScrollAnimated, which kicks off a scroll offset animation through the layer animation controller.

When the --enable-smooth-scrolling flag is present, InputHandlerProxy will call ScrollAnimated for composited wheel scrolls.

Once this is in the next steps are:

(1) Update the animation curve to aim at a new target when a wheel event comes in while a scroll animation is in progress. (For now we just drop the event.)

(2) Unify the behavior with WebCore::ScrollAnimatorNone. We should be able to share a lot of logic since cc::ScrollOffsetAnimationCurve is already exposed to Blink through compositor bindings (for http://crbug.com/243871).

BUG=575

Review URL: https://codereview.chromium.org/361143002

git-svn-id: svn://svn.chromium.org/chrome/trunk/src@282205 0039d316-1c4b-4281-b951-d872f2087c98

Looks like smooth scrolling is finally coming back, they've got a new impl-side implementation:

I really hate new Chromium Git shift and no update to 64-bit continuous builds... Since I can't read changelogs now...

I really hate new Chromium Git shift and no update to 64-bit continuous builds... Since I can't read changelogs now...

No kidding and there's been nothing mentioned about it too.