Meet the browser: Chrome Next

The newest 64 Win build crashes at start up for me, every time. I'd submit something to them, but I can't even get a dump or anything code wise for them to use.

New as of Chrome dev 38.0.2121.3: When you're signed in to Chrome a dropdown menu appears in the title bar, allowing you to switch users. Note: I haven't noticed this in the OS X version, only on Windows.

Screenshoton2014-08-14at07.54.23.png

Fonts now are once again sane in Chromium and less bold on Neowin front page, in early DirectWrite implementation, they were slim and thin and then after stability they become Bold and now its back to normal and little strong than thin early one.

--------------

Another UI change, bold Addon title and Enabled button bold when enabled otherwise in disable state normal font.

3ixNIHA.png

Today's the day! Git Migration has started :)

Yeah, I read it on blink-dev Google Group.

Hmm just saw earlier that the status bar loading page elements showed on the right, but while coming here to ask about it, it loaded on the bottom left again? Anyone know about this "feature"?

It seriously annoys me that it covers up some full screen video controls!

Hmm just saw earlier that the status bar loading page elements showed on the right, but while coming here to ask about it, it loaded on the bottom left again? Anyone know about this "feature"?

It seriously annoys me that it covers up some full screen video controls!

You mean this?

TjCab7K.png

It always load for me in left, only if I hover over it, then only it moves to right. My locale of system and browser is English US only. Although I have Urdu Keyboard Layout installed which I require sometime to type native language.

What behavior I have?

- Maximize Window -- Hover moves status bar loading to Right

- Windowed Mode -- Hover moves status bar loading to below the window frame border

You mean this?

TjCab7K.png

It always load for me in left, only if I hover over it, then only it moves to right. My locale of system and browser is English US only. Although I have Urdu Keyboard Layout installed which I require sometime to type native language.

What behavior I have?

- Maximize Window -- Hover moves status bar loading to Right

- Windowed Mode -- Hover moves status bar loading to below the window frame border

or while loading page if the cursor is towards bottom left it moves status info to the right for me.

Yeah then that's new, thanks guys.. hover over moves it. Something it didn't do before :D

Chrome 64-bit for Windows has hit the stable channel. Your move, Firefox.

https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/?platform=win64

However, they've messed up the version string: Version 37.0.2062.94 unknown-m (64-bit)

What advantage has 64-bit version over the normal one, are extensions compatible etc?

What advantage has 64-bit version over the normal one, are extensions compatible etc?

Here's what Google has said...

• Speed: 64-bit allows Google to take advantage of the latest processor and compiler optimizations, a more modern instruction set, and a calling convention that allows more function parameters to be passed quickly by registers. As a result, speed is improved, especially in graphics and multimedia content, which sees an average 25 percent bump in performance.
  • Security: With Chrome able to take advantage of the latest OS features such as High Entropy ASLR on Windows 8, security is improved on 64-bit platforms as well. Those extra bits also help better defend against exploitation techniques such as JIT spraying, and improve the effectiveness of existing security defense features like heap partitioning.
  • Stability: Google has observed a marked increase in stability for 64-bit Chrome over 32-bit Chrome. In particular, crash rates for the renderer process (i.e. Web content process) are almost half.

As for extensions... extensions from the Chrome web store? Compatible! Plugins like Flash, Java, Silverlight? Those are compatible too if you have the 64-bit builds installed but there are some plugins that aren't compatible with 64-bit browsers, e.g. QuickTime, Battlelog, etc. Chrome hitting 64-bit binaries for Windows on the stable channel is actually a front page news worthy story. Firefox and Opera currently are the two mainstream Windows browsers without stable 64-bit binaries for Windows. In Opera's case it's only a matter of time since it's based on Chrome.

Here's what Google has said...

Speed: 64-bit allows Google to take advantage of the latest processor and compiler optimizations, a more modern instruction set, and a calling convention that allows more function parameters to be passed quickly by registers. As a result, speed is improved, especially in graphics and multimedia content, which sees an average 25 percent bump in performance.

Security: With Chrome able to take advantage of the latest OS features such as High Entropy ASLR on Windows 8, security is improved on 64-bit platforms as well. Those extra bits also help better defend against exploitation techniques such as JIT spraying, and improve the effectiveness of existing security defense features like heap partitioning.

Stability: Google has observed a marked increase in stability for 64-bit Chrome over 32-bit Chrome. In particular, crash rates for the renderer process (i.e. Web content process) are almost half.

post-2-0-23172700-1409075051.jpg

:P Cheers, downloading it now :|