Meet the browser: Chrome Next

New bookmark bar icons

2015-09-09_05-03-59.png

Hm, would've been nice of those had a different colour than the text.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seems I just got 48.0.2535.0 dev-m (64-bit) and it seems to me that there has been some refinement to the UI

First thing I really noticed was the back forward and reload icons seems thinner and sharper? Also the menu button went from the 3 dashes to 3 dots, and it has a slight animation when pressed that other buttons in the UI do not have 

May be just me and my old eyes but everything seems to be crisper or sharper

*edit* interestingly, my laptop has the same version but the UI didn't change, didn't see anything in the flags that I could have changed  

Edited by Anibal P

Seems I just got 48.0.2535.0 dev-m (64-bit) and it seems to me that there has been some refinement to the UI

First thing I really noticed was the back forward and reload icons seems thinner and sharper? Also the menu button went from the 3 dashes to 3 dots, and it has a slight animation when pressed that other buttons in the UI do not have 

*edit* interestingly, my laptop has the same version but the UI didn't change, didn't see anything in the flags that I could have changed  

You could be part of some finch experiment or some flag might be enabled. Since now looking anything like this here.

It's chrome://flags/#top-chrome-md, if you are talking about what I showed on my screenshot above.

It's chrome://flags/#top-chrome-md, if you are talking about what I showed on my screenshot above.

Cool. forgot I set that, looks much better than default IMO 

Cool. forgot I set that, looks much better than default IMO 

You probably didn't. They run experiments all the time where they enable certain flags for users, it probably just hit you :)

I'm running 46.0.2490.71 dev-m (no updates available, I checked) . Is there any way to disable Chrome's new tab discharging thing? It's already screwed me over a couple of times, after I left a YT video paused and switched tabs, only for it to dump the YT tab. It also happened with stuff on Neowin (it was the worst with the Random Pictures thread tab I had open) and a post I was drafting in the wordpress editor.

When drafting said posts, I usually have other tabs open to research the topic at the same time. I even tried separating it into different windows, each taking half the screen and Chrome still dumped the content willy-nilly. After the refresh, it 'served' me an older version of the draft, even though I had saved changes before switching tabs. It got so bad I had to switch to Firefox to finish the draft. 

Is there any way to deal with this?