Meet the browser: Chrome Next

Is there any way to disable Chrome's new tab discharging thing?

I'm sorry I can't help, but what is this new feature exactly?

Edit: Apologies, a quick search gave me a satisfactory explanation.

Edit 2: You can disable it and do other things related with in in `chrome://flags`. More details here: https://developers.google.com/web/updates/2015/09/tab-discarding?hl=en

Edited by Jub Fequois

Up to date screenshot of the Material top rework on Windows 10, looks actually pretty good.

That's identical to my Chrome, minus the newer buttons. :/

Reducing Chromium’s memory use for faster hardware performance

But, slow networks aren’t the only bottleneck you face — hardware performance matters, too. The majority of the world’s users aren’t on $1500 high-powered laptops; many people, in businesses, schools, libraries, universities and homes across the world are using older machines with less memory, older processors and slower disk drives.

So, since the release of Opera 15, our first Chromium-based browser, Opera’s engineers have been partnering with our Google counterparts to improve the performance of the rendering engine Blink. We’ve leveraged our expertise from our 15 years making our old Presto engine work well on old machines, and you can read lots of nerdy details on the mechanics of what we’ve done in our developer blog post, Opera’s work to reduce Chromium’s memory use.

Collaborating with other teams for a better web

We’ve also been contributing heavily to other ways of improving the web; for example, Blink/ Chromium’s way of showing multicolumn layouts was written by Morten from our R&D Department. Rune from R&D has done lots of work on improving the performance of styling pages so that they render faster. Sigbjørn has played a central role in the soon-shipping Oilpan project to improve how Blink / Chromium cleans up memory (therefore using it more efficiently). We’re also active in Blink Chromium’s Security and Memory teams.

By collaborating with other companies on our shared code base, implementing our own user interface and features on top of that, and iterating rapidly, we’re keeping you on the fastest, most secure browser we can build, while helping to make the web better for everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

This shouldn't matter to almost everyone here but...  It's official! Google will be ending updates for Chrome on Windows XP (and Vista) at the end of the year. --> http://chrome.blogspot.com/2015/11/updates-to-chrome-platform-support.html

I believe Mozilla will now announce the same for Firefox.

Small change in #Chrome 48 => 49

On Windows, the shortcut to launch Chrome is no longer in a folder in the start menu but directly in the root of it.

So from Start Menu => Google Chrome => Google Chrome 
to
Start Menu => Google Chrome

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, vanx said:

Just upgraded to 47.0.2526.73 m and the "You" button is back! :angry: I looked in flags and the avatar option is disabled, does anyone know how to get rid of it?

what do you mean the " you " button ? take a screenshot of what you mean 

11 hours ago, vanx said:

Just upgraded to 47.0.2526.73 m and the "You" button is back! :angry: I looked in flags and the avatar option is disabled, does anyone know how to get rid of it?

Starting Chrome with --disable-new-avatar-menu is the only why now but that will go away soon and is already gone in 48+

10 hours ago, Demz said:

what do you mean the " you " button ? take a screenshot of what you mean 

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=default+profile+button+chrome

10 hours ago, .stan said:

Starting Chrome with --disable-new-avatar-menu is the only why now but that will go away soon and is already gone in 48+

Does this mean that exe's switch is the only way to do it and it will be forced on people going forward? I really hope not...:(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...