Meet the browser: Chrome Next

7 hours ago, Boo Berry said:

Haha, no. I'm in my 30's.

Am I the only one that doesn't like or use smooth scrolling in web browsers?!?

Yeah I ended up removing smooth scroll. Just doesn't work well lol

is anyone else getting italic fonts on neowin homepage and in this text box that i am typing in? Think this happened when i installed the latest build of chrome 64bit.

italics.png

microsoft edge shows normal non-italics font. Haven't tried firefox, IE or opera.

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, derkim said:

To be honest, I expected a little more than that. On MacOS it looks much nicer than on Windows. 

Well, there's a reason on why it's not activated by default on Windows yet, only ChrOS and Linux and OS X have it by default atm. One enhancement that is coming to the Windows version is that it actually uses the title bar color on Windows 10 (https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=505013) and with Aero Glass making a comeback in RS1 (don't quote me on that), it will also use transparency and therefore looking like the OS X version anyway.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Steven P. said:

Metro themed stuff isn't in 50?

You can enable it through about:flags but it will be enabled in Chrome 51. You can test it, in Chrome 51 Beta currently.

• 4 weeks later...

In Chrome 50.0.2661.94 m (or before), it looks like they changed the notification wave in a pinned tab (or whatever it is called when what looks like a ray of light rolls right to left in a pinned tab) is a much darker tone than before, which makes it more difficult to notice. Anyone knows how to increase its brightness? TIA.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Will they ever get a decent bookmarks manager (and quick access menu) and download manager? Can't believe we're already on 50 and you need extensions for it :s 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

Yes, seems I can't enable it in v52 (beta) or can I? :D

Hmm, you should be able to! Mine's been like that since at least 51. Have you enabled the setting under chrome://flags/#top-chrome-md ?