Meet the browser: Chrome Next

what version of this new menu is in Chrome ? is it in 27 or Canary?

Chrome 26 Beta...

Any know anything about the new "Chrome Notification" icon that is now appearing in my system tray? Only appears when I start and using Chrome? I would like to know if you can disable it.

Currently running 27.0.1438.7 dev-m.

Any know anything about the new "Chrome Notification" icon that is now appearing in my system tray? Only appears when I start and using Chrome? I would like to know if you can disable it.

Yes, I am also getting it, I will look into commandlines and flags, to disable it.

Should be part of the integration of Google Now into Chrome!

but its flag is disabled by default so there might be some other commandline switch etc to disable it.. Lets see..

I love Chrome, but if they are going to start integrating everything into it then I may start trying other browsers out. I just want a minimilist browser that is fast and does it's primary function nothing much than that anyway lol

I love Chrome, but if they are going to start integrating everything into it then I may start trying other browsers out. I just want a minimilist browser that is fast and does it's primary function nothing much than that anyway lol

Just disable things you don't need then?

Just disable things you don't need then?

As mentioned on ghacks one article, disable option for notification ui is not available yet...

When this got added, although like it:

a0kgmxf.png

• Like 1

As mentioned on ghacks one article, disable option for notification ui is not available yet...

Thanks for finding out Zlip, much appreciated. I'm okay with for now just sitting in my system tray and I hardly notice it, but let's hope it doesn't get annoying...

Ok so here's the deal: Google Now is coming to Windows via Chrome. We all know that. In fact it's already in Chrome 27 so if any of you have canary builds you might want to look out for in the about://flags . What I don't get is this:

Is Google Now on Chrome supposed to be just an extension for Now on Android? Are you just supposed to get the same notifications on both systems? And will Now on Chrome not work unless you have an Android device?

Or is it to be a standalone version of the service serving up specific notifications related to your account? Meaning it would aggregate the info it takes from your handset with the info it takes from your desktop. And in this case wouldn't it work even in the absence of an Android handset?

Thanks for clearing this up for me. I look forward to your answers

• 2 weeks later...

Is there directwrite yet?

Nope, Chrome is using Skia to hardware accelerate its fonts and provide smoothening with OpenGL as backend.

This is all Chromium 28 provide in name of Hardware acceleration:

H64ldkh.png

New error page on wrong web address in Chromium 28+:

axt3Q6A.png

---> WebP Image Color Profile support

First commit in Chromium mentioned Blink, red by me:

Differentiate blink from webkit. ios project will continue to pull webkit headers. Everyone else gets blink. R=cmp@chromium.org BUG= Review URL: https://codereview.chromium.org/13603005

http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/chromium-browser-snapshots/Win/192219/changelog.xml

Chrome 28 is now on the dev channel. Going by the SVN revision log it does come with Blink enabled (scroll down to the very bottom).

Small UI bug which triggers my OCD: Tab titles and favicons aren't centred.

capture.png

Chrome 28 is now on the dev channel. Going by the SVN revision log it does come with Blink enabled (scroll down to the very bottom).

Small UI bug which triggers my OCD: Tab titles and favicons aren't centred.

capture.png

It'll be fixed in upcoming version, I also faced this in Chromium snapshot but my current using one does not have this bug.

The white context menus landed on the stable channel. I don't like them. Here is a way to go back to native menus:

http://www.ghacks.ne...e-context-menu/

I already posted about this few pages back.. Thanks for letting it back here.. Appreciated..