Meet the browser: Chrome Next

aaah, am I the only one who thinks the new white context menus feel and look good? I like how nicely bookmarks are spaced... :laugh:

• Like 2

The jittery tab bug has been fixed in Chrome dev 28.0.1469. It also now admits to using Blink as rendering engine, although the UA string has yet to be changed.

post-1302-0-09964000-1365500002.png

Chrome with Blink will remain on old UA String and also in one of commit in Chromium, dev removed option to revert new right click menu to old style, so --disable-new-menu-style no longer gonna works.

man, chrome really, really needs to improve its smooth scrolling. I keep trying new versions every once in a while hoping that its improved, but the smooth scrolling flag still doesn't even seem to work on a lot of web pages, and it doesn't work at all for the middle click autoscroll (where its needed most). I can't believe we are now on version 26 (and 28 for dev) and its still lacking proper support for such a basic feature... /rant

aaah, am I the only one who thinks the new white context menus feel and look good? I like how nicely bookmarks are spaced... :laugh:

They've actually grown on me after using them for a while, but I still prefer native menus.

https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=25541

From the dupe:

"""The current status is that Skia (almost) has a fully complete DirectWrite font host; it isn't currently in the source tree but is out for review. The only thing currently holding it up are some details in association with some other changes. So DirectWrite in Skia should be fairly soon.

Using DirectWrite in Chrome will then require some work on the WebKit side to properly use it, making Chrome's FontPlatformDataChromiumWin more Skia aware and less tied to GDI. The largest part of this work will be ensuring GDI fallback and using DirectWrite for complex text layout. These changes may take some time.

Jun 24, 2012"""

Sounds like #1 might be done by now.

Thanks for the link (Y) the new layout was annoying and almost reeks of Google obnoxiously pushing their search onto their users.

i just don't understand why they made the new tab page with a search bar in it. the address bar already acts as a search bar 0_o

i just don't understand why they made the new tab page with a search bar in it. the address bar already acts as a search bar 0_o

Some people actually still go to the main Google page to do searches

• 2 weeks later...

anyone know of a Similar Extension for Chrome? " DownThemAll " i use in Firefox an would like to find a similar extension for Chrome.

• 3 weeks later...

anyone know of a Similar Extension for Chrome? " DownThemAll " i use in Firefox an would like to find a similar extension for Chrome.

i found one but doesnt do the same job as the Firefox Extension one does but its called " DownloadAll "

Using 29.0.1516.3 dev-m and scrolling is problematic in The Verge.

I can scroll down but not up.

No issue with Version 29.0.1523.0 (202778).

Is it new or I got it first time?

87o2dLE.png

Anyone know of a way to make the new download button show more than 3 results? Having it show 5 or 6 would be nice.

I just realized I posted this in the wrong thing. Why do they have to have such similar names? :wacko:

Chromium started to override Windows default scrollbar to this:

PXKHOkY.jpg

and they added nice transition animation feel in omnibox.

New Tooltip color:

K9lgK95.png