Meet the browser: Chrome Next

The latest dev build (31.0.1632.7) is still using Aura. It also introduces a new styling for menus:

i'm liking the new colour, fits better than white selection on top of white menus. 

so what are the changes in Chrome 31 from Chrome 30? 

Long list... if we mention, but main thing is Aura UI...

pics?

Mostly added new transitions and animations but I am posting few pics, I will add more later on for you as well.

Aura UI overrides OS styling...

uDPQdWN.png

No more touch optimized padded menu bar also this override Windows scrollbar, as you can see in image.

1XPa5dY.png

Tick box button

h3VaUvq.png

Radio button

M7qf3IG.png

Input fields, text area and contenteditable highlight

rwg7IaV.png

• Like 1

Mostly added new transitions and animations but I am posting few pics, I will add more later on for you as well.

Aura UI overrides OS styling...

uDPQdWN.png

No more touch optimized padded menu bar also this override Windows scrollbar, as you can see in image.

1XPa5dY.png

Tick box button

h3VaUvq.png

Radio button

M7qf3IG.png

Input fields, text area and contenteditable highlight

rwg7IaV.png

ah cool, thanks 

Maybe this isn't the correct place to ask this but I'm going to anyways.

One the biggest things that's keeping me from trying out Chrome is the lack of an extension similar to the "Save image in folder" addon for Firefox.

Does anyone know of that addon and how to reproduce it's functionality to Chrome? I really dislike how chrome defaults everything you download to the download folder. Makes it really messy.

Save image in folder:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/save-image-in-folder/

Maybe this isn't the correct place to ask this but I'm going to anyways.

One the biggest things that's keeping me from trying out Chrome is the lack of an extension similar to the "Save image in folder" addon for Firefox.

Does anyone know of that addon and how to reproduce it's functionality to Chrome? I really dislike how chrome defaults everything you download to the download folder. Makes it really messy.

Save image in folder:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/save-image-in-folder/

There's an option in the advanced settings for Chrome to ask you where to save files, you just need to make an effort and look

There's an option in the advanced settings for Chrome to ask you where to save files, you just need to make an effort and look

I'm aware of that. But that is not what I'm asking for. Thanks for your reply I guess.

I dont know if its just me but, now when a page loads, the background is a ugly checkerboard and its very slow to render?

Was happening to me, turned out that my internet connection was crap, once Comcast fixed it, it doesn't happen

So I gather that NONE of these are "good" enough or did you try searching for one?

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search-extensions/save%20image%20in%20folder?hl=en-US

No, I've gone through everyone one of them. None of them has the specific functionality that I'm after.

Which is, the addon for firefox gives you a customizable context menu. You can create a list of folders and you can right click on an image you want to save and then have it go directly to that folder instead of having to manually select the folder via dialog or having it go to the downloads folder.

All of those extensions revolve around the downloads folder which I do not.

since updating to 31, i get this madness when i hover over links

8udFmzZ.png

I also get many bugs, they are ironing them out, this is now fixed in latest Chromium snapshots.

Mephistopheles, on 25 Sept 2013 - 07:28, said:

Aura is also disabled in today's dev build.

Great, Aura is looking full of promise, but way to buggy.

Chrome can now exit, without processes still running.

sounds like there more or less trying to stablise Chrome31 so they can get it into BETA an 30 into stable . im sure they'll turn Aura back on in 32

Chromium is now on M32...

Block NPAPI plugins by default Add Facebook video calling and Google Earth plugins to the tracked list. BUG=281651

Landed in M32....

Running 31.0.1650.2 dev-m Anyone else have an issue with tabs being blacked out?

Known issues... Only switch tabs when its fully loaded, this is the only workaround, although it has been fixed for me in Chromium 32 snapshot.

Known issues... Only switch tabs when its fully loaded, this is the only workaround, although it has been fixed for me in Chromium 32 snapshot.

Excellent so it should not be long for a fix. it has been so bad the last few days i have considered switching back to a released build of chrome.