How's your battery life?

Hey everyone!

I am doing a research on Android's Power Management architecture for my Operating Systems class. Can you please take a few seconds to fill out this survey on battery life for Android phones?

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/P7HBRGM

I understand that this is very vague, and I am not collecting important information such as the hardware, OS version, etc. But, this is just to get a basic idea of what the battery life is like on an average.

Thank you! :-)

Phone:LG Optimus S (Sprint) Kroger iwireless MVNO

OS Version:Android 2.3.3 Carrier ROM

Battery Type:Stock

Battery Life:GPS+3G 8-10hours

Battery Life:3G only (moderate web use) 10-12hours

Battery Life:wifi only 14-18 hrs (moderate-heavy surfing)

Battery Life:no 3G or Wifi 22-24 hours (music and pics and lite vids only)

Battery Life:Airplane mode 36 hours

Battery Life:Average all 16 hours

i took your survey, but will share my thoughts here too:

i have an HTC Rezound, stock GB, unrooted. battery life got so bad after about 7 months that i formatted it last week. i was getting about 8hrs w/ light use. after the format, im getting around 12hrs with light use. at one point last week i got 15hrs before the battery showed 9%.

this phone sucks down battery if im using it heavily. i can kill the battery in about an hour if im using 4G heavily - heavy web surfing or streaming netflix.

Thanks, Jdawg683!

Yea, I've heard some mixed reviews on the battery life for HTC Rezound. Just curious, have you tried using WiFi when web surfing or streaming videos? Trying to see if the battery life is any better when using WiFi vs 4G.

Verizon Galaxy Nexus, rooted, running Jelly Bean (BAMF ROM), Samsung 2100 mAH battery. Depends on my usage, I usually get anywhere from 12-18 hours of use. I have my data radio always on 4G/LTE (no WiFi - unless I'm tethering). I usually make 2-3 calls <10 mins. each, 50-100 texts, 2-6 hours of music listening (on cloud), few hours of web surfing. I think this is fairly decent battery life, and I generally have 25-40% battery at the end of the day, sometimes a bit more.

Samsung Galaxy S3

DarkyROM III

I flashed DarkyROM III yesterday, and I'm already noticing a heck of a difference with the battery life. I'm pretty sure I could go 2 days with moderate usage before needing to recharge.

HTC Desire HD

Android Revolution Rom

Normal Use battery will last 24 hours

Heavey use (internet and games) 12 hours

HTC Desire running CM9. Almost always on WiFi only. Battery life close to 2 days. :)

That sounds like a pretty cool class you're doing there! Wish I could help, but using an iPhone.

Good luck!

Thanks for all the responses guys! I just submitted my paper yesterday. Hope to get a decent grade. The median came to about 20 hours for a full battery charge (which I must admit is pretty darn good!)

Thanks, Jdawg683!

Yea, I've heard some mixed reviews on the battery life for HTC Rezound. Just curious, have you tried using WiFi when web surfing or streaming videos? Trying to see if the battery life is any better when using WiFi vs 4G.

the battery life is definitely better using wifi over 4g. i dont use wifi that often b/c 4G is really fast in my area and, hell, i'm paying for it, so i want to hammer their network as much as i can.

just as an update to my post - i got a new battery, under warranty, from Verizon, and my Rezound's battery life is fantastic again. i routinely get 12hrs+ with moderate use. today, for example, im at 62% after 8hrs.