German renewable energy output hits record high in H1 2012

German renewables output hits record high in H1

(Reuters) - Germany produced 67.9 billion kilowatt hours of renewable energy in the first half of 2012, a record high and an increase of 19.5 percent from the same period last year, industry figures showed on Thursday.

Renewables now account for 25 percent of energy production, up from 21 percent last year, the country's energy industry association (BDEW) said in a statement that reinforced Germany's position as a leader in green technology.

Wind energy was the largest contributor of green power, accounting for 9.2 percent of all energy output, BDEW said.

Biomass, or material acquired from living organisms, accounted for 5.7 percent and solar technology for 5.3 percent.

Solar energy saw the biggest increase, up 47 percent from the previous year. Germany is the world's top market for power converted from solar radiation and its installed capacity accounts for more than a third of the global total.

Germany aims to derive 35 percent of its total energy needs from renewable sources by 2035.

Source: Reuters

In before the people who say " renewable energy does not work , produce little power, to expensive and oil , coal and gas will last forever and ever "

... or 'an industrialised country will never be able to produce enough energy using renewable sources'.

Very impressive.

We could all learn a great deal about renewable energy and conservation from the Germans.

Germany is one of the most expansive countries on the world in energy. The renewable energy has a very high price.

Great that we save the environment and "great" that energy becomes more and more a luxury product.

Many people are high indebted because they can't pay the bills. 600.000 households in Germany don't have energy because they can't pay it.

I think Germany has many to learn from other states to create a system which is green and payable.

Eventually with rising cost of fossil fuels and inprovments to energy efficiently overall renewable's are the way to go. And the cost of renewable's are dropping dramaticly.

Eventually with rising cost of fossil fuels and inprovments to energy efficiently overall renewable's are the way to go. And the cost of renewable's are dropping dramaticly.

I'd like to have some of the drugs you are one......................................................cost dropping dramatically??????

I'd like to have some of the drugs you are one......................................................cost dropping dramatically??????

The cost of solar panels has been consistently falling for some time now, but by the looks of it your just a troll.....

The cost of solar panels has been consistently falling for some time now, but by the looks of it your just a troll.....

The cost of solar has dropped around 50% over 5 years or so.

the FIT in the UK was 45p / KWh now its 21p a KWh and soon to be 16p a KWh.

And the rate of the return is the same around 6-8 years.

Germany is one of the most expansive countries on the world in energy. The renewable energy has a very high price.

Great that we save the environment and "great" that energy becomes more and more a luxury product.

Many people are high indebted because they can't pay the bills. 600.000 households in Germany don't have energy because they can't pay it.

I think Germany has many to learn from other states to create a system which is green and payable.

Quoting because people are purposely ignoring this guy, he lives there, he's telling the sad reality, home energy is not a luxury, yet all you greenies seem to not care

Quoting because people are purposely ignoring this guy, he lives there, he's telling the sad reality, home energy is not a luxury, yet all you greenies seem to not care

The price of energy is a big thing as I also pay for it. If we don't go renewable what do you think the cost of oil , gas and coal will be in 20 years time , I say 2X what it is now. just look at the price of oil the last few years.

Most the price rises in the last few years in the UK was due to gas price rises not renewable energy.

And fossil fuel is also heavily subsidised :)

The price of energy is a big thing as I also pay for it. If we don't go renewable what do you think the cost of oil , gas and coal will be in 20 years time , I say 2X what it is now. just look at the price of oil the last few years.

Most the price rises in the last few years in the UK was due to gas price rises not renewable energy.

And fossil fuel is also heavily subsidised :)

The German politics and lobby is blocking a lot of possibilities to become green energy for low coasts.

But they are not interested. NorGer for example is one of them but the lobby is blocking the law which is necessary.

Nobody in the economy is interested in renewable energy they are just interested to generate money.

This all is a huge hypocrisy. Oil, Nukes, renewable... It's just a question of "what brings the most money".

Renewable brings a lot of monkey at the moment because we have a renewable energy tax.

Look at Angela Merkel, she is a Doctor in physics. Actually you should mean she has to know it better than all.

But she doesn't care.

The cost of solar PV systems has dropped from around ?24,000 to ?7000 in a matter of years due to increased sales volumes and manufacturing efficiencies and there are many other exciting technologies with the potential to make a big impact, like solar thermodynamic (with those systems you can even paint the panels). If you don't consider that a dramatic drop then I think you need to invest in a dictionary.

The German politics and lobby is blocking a lot of possibilities to become green energy for low coasts.

But they are not interested. NorGer for example is one of them but the lobby is blocking the law which is necessary.

Nobody in the economy is interested in renewable energy they are just interested to generate money.

This all is a huge hypocrisy. Oil, Nukes, renewable... It's just a question of "what brings the most money".

Renewable brings a lot of monkey at the moment because we have a renewable energy tax.

Look at Angela Merkel, she is a Doctor in physics. Actually you should mean she has to know it better than all.

But she doesn't care.

i believe that is the way the world works , there are no ethics any more people would rather catch every fish in the sea just to make a quick buck without any thought of the next generation.