Son Takes 'bath salts', Father Takes Baseball Bat to Smoke-Shop

JULY 25-- An upstate New York man is facing felony charges after allegedly using a baseball bat to bust up a local head shop that sold bath salts to his son, who was hospitalized after overdosing on the synthetic drug.

Police allege that Daniel Avery, 49, smashed the front door of Tebbs Smokeshop in Watertown, and broke display cases and merchandise inside the shop during yesterday?s 10 AM rampage.

Avery, pictured in the mug shot at right, appeared in court today and had his case adjourned until August 9. He has been charged with criminal possession of a weapon and criminal mischief, both felonies, and menacing, a misdemeanor.

Acording to a Watertown Police Department report, when cops arrived at the head shop, Avery told an officer he ?smashed up the place.? ?He told me they sold bath salts to his son and he was in the hospital,? reported Officer Dennis Lawlee.

Trevor Harding, a Tebbs employee, told police that Avery entered the shop and said, ?You sold my kid bath salts.? Harding, 24, added, ?He kept spazzing out saying he was going to kill me, he had a good son that never did crack or cocaine.?

Investigators estimated that Avery caused about $640 in damages with a ?small blue Yankees bat? that was recovered from his car.

Before showing up at the head shop, Avery left a message on the store?s answering machine saying, ?You ****ing sold my kid bath salts and I?ll kill you.? :|

After wrecking the store, Avery actually dialed 911 and summoned cops to the head shop. While waiting for officers to arrive, Harding recalled, Avery--who has a prior felony burglary conviction--warned him, ?You better find a new job or quit because I am going to come back and get you.?

source

Bath salts have NOTHING to do with actual things for your bath, it's a term so they can legally sell them because selling them 'to get high' is illegal.

It's amazing the stupid **** people will try to get high or drunk off of...

Hand sanitizer? Bath salts? Seriously, wtf?

almost as amazing as people who think bath salts are actually bath salts...

sounds like a stupid kid really. kids are going to try things and it is up to the parents to educate them. its not like this is new news or anything and the kid should of been spoken to.

Now, with that said, shops/shop owners know what kids are going to do with the stuff and they are only selling it for one purpose. Would say they have a moral obligation to not sell the stuff and while that may of worked years ago, no way it will today. Its all about making a buck regardless of the costs.

almost as amazing as people who think bath salts are actually bath salts...

Haha, I know, it makes those of us who want to buy real bath salts get funny looks. I just want to relax and smell like flowers! It's not a crime! *sob*

:laugh:

Well sorry. Not all of us are in the know of drug lingo like you.

it's been in the news for months.

I must know the drug lingo because I know marijuana is called weed

Oh. And cause I know speed is amphetamines.

Wait bath salts aren't actually bath salts? I thought people were smoking actual real bath salts this whole time.

So this is a new kind of drug?

mephedrone

Well sorry. Not all of us are in the know of drug lingo like you.

It's been in like 100 news stories over the last few months. My grandma knows what bathsalts are.

It's been in like 100 news stories over the last few months. My grandma knows what bathsalts are.

Okay? I never looked really into it. I honestly thought it was bath salts...

Punish the shop for bad parenting? That, or punish the shop for you having a crappy child. Either or.

because only kids who weren't raised properly do drugs.

Okay? I never looked really into it. I honestly thought it was bath salts...

so do you think when someone overdoses on speed they are just going to fast.

so do you think when someone overdoses on speed they are just going to fast.

Now you're just being a ********. Speed, weed, and some others have been used to describe the drug for a long time. 'Bath salts' seems to be only recent.

The cops didn't arrest the store owner? Here in NY the bath salts and fake marijuana are illegal to sell now. Just recently they did a state wide crackdown on a whole bunch of store selling it.