Neowin looks fabulous on Xbox IE

ie xbox

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 migo

migo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 01 August 2012 - 00:15

Yes ... the XBox360 version of Internet Explorer does indeed require a Gold level membership on XBox Live.

Fail, although I might be willing to buy one if it's only an incremental cost over the chatpad.

#32 DJGM

DJGM

Mancunian

Posted 01 August 2012 - 00:33

Source?

It's not possible to reveal the source here, otherwise I'd be breaching the NDA.

#33 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:51

It's not possible to reveal the source here, otherwise I'd be breaching the NDA.

I kind of guessed and found the source. thanks :)

#34 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:10

Wow. Something that would have been awesome when I got an xbox in 2006 but now that I can browse most web sites on my phone it just seems much less significant.

#35 OP MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack, Server 2k12 - Core i7 3770K/16GB DDR3/OCZ Vector 256GB/Gigabyte GTX 760
  • Phone: HTC One 64GB

Posted 01 August 2012 - 17:00

Wow. Something that would have been awesome when I got an xbox in 2006 but now that I can browse most web sites on my phone it just seems much less significant.

I think you're making the wrong comparison. If you're browsing something that it pleasant to view on the phone, this isn't where a browser on your console fits, though it has the option to view mobile site versions. I wouldn't compare it to browsing at your PC. I would compare it to wanting to browse while you're sitting in front of your home theatre or TV and want to browse. Or for those with a console and Internet, but no PC and no smartphone. Regular cheap flip and candybar phones still outnumber smartphones by a humongous margin.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!