Quietening my GeForce GTX 560? After market cooling?

I have an Overclockers.co.uk GeForce GTX 560 and it is, without a doubt, the loudest graphics card I've owned.

Is there a way to quieten this mofo down?

Replacement fan, watercooling solution... loads of ways to quieten it... - basically you have to pick something in your budget a fan can cost between ?5-35 (roughly, some advanced ones might even cost more) - watercooling options generally cost a fair bit more, but if you want to go down that route, I'd suggest you do the CPU & your GPU's together as a minimum, maybe add in the RAM too if you're feeling affluent this month :p

I can't recommend any particular fans myself as I use watercooling loops throughout - but best of luck!

Odd, my GTX 560 TI (factory OC'd) is a very quiet card. Try cleaning the fan, and an aftermarket cooler.

Odd, my GTX 560 TI (factory OC'd) is a very quiet card. Try cleaning the fan, and an aftermarket cooler.

Completely depends on who manufactures the card. I guess OcUK used a poor cooler.

It's been loud since day 1 - so it's not due to dust. When I first bought it and played a game, I thought it was going to take off!

Would definitely try taking it apart and cleaning out of any dust/smoke/hair that has built up inside of it - unless this is a new card. Did wonders for me when I cleaned out my 480gtx as I could barely hear the games over how loud it was before cleaning out the dust.

Edit: Beaten. I thought the 500+ series were supposed to be quiet. I guess aftermarket cooler would be the best option.