21 replies to this topic

#16 vetCalum

Calum

Neowinian Senior

Posted 01 August 2012 - 13:52

oft

why would one went longer mail address [live << outlook] :s

[. . .]

If I'm using Outlook.com, I'd like either one of the new outlook.com email addresses or one of my own email addresses from my domain. Live.com is the previous version, which is enough for me to not desire a @live.com email address when using the newer version :) I don't care about the length, if it isn't overly excessive.

#17 squirrlehunter

squirrlehunter

Neowinian

• Phone: HTC Trophy 7.5

Posted 01 August 2012 - 18:32

Thanks, did you have to change anything on your Xbox, or did it just do it automatically?

The Xbox handled it automatically, and so did Zune to an extent. The only problem I had was resetting my WP7. Not too fussed about that though as it was slowing every no and again.

#18 link6155

link6155

Neowinian

Posted 01 August 2012 - 20:34

Well, the best solution to make sure your account sitll works on all your devices is to create an @outlook.com alias rather then renaming your account. That way, people can still email to your outlook.com account, but you would still be able to have all your devices working. Only one problem, your login info will not change.

#19 Charisma

Charisma

e-1337-ist

Posted 01 August 2012 - 20:36

I can confirm that renaming your live/hotmail account to outlook.com doesn't effect Xbox at all. My suscriptions and payment settings are still in tact as well.

Thanks for confirming that and letting us know :) I was curious too.

#20 +ChuckFinley

ChuckFinley

Neowinian Senior

Posted 01 August 2012 - 20:36

So will I have to re-log into my Xbox, or will it just change on its own?

Good point! Thanks for raising this. I will have to check it. I couldnt log into MSN Messenger with my @hotmail.co.uk account

#21 pasztor.laszlo

pasztor.laszlo

Neowinian

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:39

Could somebody tell me please what are the disadvantages of staying on @hotmail.com address?
I use the new look (upgraded), but my email address is still @hotmail.com.

It "runs" on the "old" "Live-layer" or what?

If there are no disadvantages, I would keep my @hotmail.com address, I like it. (However, I own @outlook.com as well.)

EDIT:
One more question: I have 25GB of SkyDrive storage on my @hotmail.com account. If I rename it to @outlook.com, would I get the same storage with the "new" (renamed) account?

#22 Sir Topham Hatt

Sir Topham Hatt

A Very Talented Individual

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:37

Well, the best solution to make sure your account sitll works on all your devices is to create an @outlook.com alias rather then renaming your account. That way, people can still email to your outlook.com account, but you would still be able to have all your devices working. Only one problem, your login info will not change.

However in doing so, the external person would email you@outlook.com then get a reply from you@hotmail.com <-- not exactly the best way in the world.
You can choose to reply from you@outlook.com but it'll say: FROM you@hotmail.com on behalf of you@outlook.com - therefore negating the point in having an outlook.com address, apart from squatting on that name.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!