'Red Dawn' Remake Revealed

LAdiB.jpg

Check out the new images from Red Dawn, courtesy of USA Today. Also from that piece come quotes from cast members, who comment on their recent successes (Hemsworth from Thor and The Avengers, Hutcherson from The Hunger Games). Hutcherson offers up a synopsis of the remake:

?Well, we are fighting an entire army, so that definitely stacks the odds against us. But it does help to have a superhero on your side.?

Peck comments further:

?We got a lot of firepower on our side.?

He plays the younger brother to Hemsworth?s Marine character in the film. Peck comments on the success of his co-stars:

?And their careers have blown up. It?s pretty dope to see what?s happened to Josh and Chris over the last three years.?

Hutcherson addresses the change in antagonists from the Chinese to the North Koreans:

?Originally it was the Chinese. And then there was the thought that the Chinese own most of the companies making movies and that maybe it wasn?t the best idea in the world.?

While the North Koreans are no less of a threat to the small town, Peck assures us that the group is able to:

?put aside our John-Hughes-Breakfast-Club difference and unite.?

Peck also talks about one particular scene in the remake that was featured in the original

:

?There?s the spider-trap moment when we just appear out of the ground. Red Dawn fans are going to be blown out by it.?

Finally, Hutcherson commented on his on-screen best friend, Cruise, the son of veteran actor Tom Cruise:

?He definitely takes after his dad in the action department, 100%.?

He also quips about his lack of a love interest in Red Dawn, instead looking ahead to The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, saying:

?I?ve got to save all my love for Katniss Everdeen.?

RltQw.jpg

[x]

I thought this was supposed to come out last yr or this yr?

Its been cancelled and re-started different times I can't keep up and last I heard its not the Russians but the north Koreans.. But never the less , WOVERINES!

I thought this was supposed to come out last yr or this yr?

it's been delayed alot but looks like its finally gaining traction

I have the first on dvd waiting list, but just saw this cute chick from Neighbours in it...so yep needs to be seen!

You need to watch the first one tout de suite!

Why? Why? Why? Come on, Hollywood! Don't even call this abortion Red Dawn. Even if, and this is a huge ****ing 'if', this turns out to be a phenomenal film, don't call it Red Dawn. Why try and drag out another classic movie and try and remake it.

And the U.S. is being invaded by North Koreans? North Koreans? That's our 'nemesis' now? That's who we fear invasion from? Really? Come on!

I can hear this thing flopping already.

Actually laughed out loud at the trailer. At Least in the original you could somewhat believe the Soviet Union, but North Korea?

Though I hope they've kept the "

" line. That's a classic.

I like the original. Can anyone tell me WHY the last scene has been changed. In the original there is a paragraph stating the Chinese came in and helped destroy the Russians saving us. Why has this been removed. That was realistic.

I could go for a remake. I find it funny they wanted to make the Chinese the enemy but cannot since they INVEST so much in movies. LOL.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I prefer the original where the CHINESE save America. Why do they now remove that part of the movie when it plays on tv? Hmmm

Are the Mexicans going to help NK this time like they did the Russians.

I prefer the original where the CHINESE save America. Why do they now remove that part of the movie when it plays on tv? Hmmm

Are the Mexicans going to help NK this time like they did the Russians.

• 2 weeks later...