Remote Desktop Connection 7.1 on Windows 7 (no SP1) and XP SP3

Please bear with me...

We are trialing Microsoft RemoteFX for terminal server performance but struggling to get our machines using Remote Desktop Connection 7.1.

Our machines are a mixture of Windows 7 (WITHOUT SERVICE PACK 1) and Windows XP SP3. Both operating systems report having Remote Desktop Connection 7.0, but not Remote Desktop Connection 7.1, which is the one we require.

I've tried to make sense of this MSDN article, but I can't make sense of it. We have Windows 7 and Windows XP SP3 but they're saying 7.0, not 7.1.

I have also downloaded this hotfix (KB969084) for Windows XP SP3 x86, but it's only put them onto 7.0, not 7.1.

We don't have the time or resources to deploy Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 machines, and the 10 year old XP machine will not handle Windows 7.

Help? :(

RDP 7.0 is the latest version available for Windows XP SP3 and Vista SP1/SP2.

How many machines do you have running Windows 7?

RDP 7.0 is the latest version available for Windows XP SP3 and Vista SP1/SP2.

How many machines do you have running Windows 7?

We have some 20 odd Windows 7 machines configured purely as dumb clients...to connect directly to a terminal server. Plus another 50+ XP dumb clients.

We want to run RemoteFX...can this be done on Windows XP and Windows 7 machines without SP1?

We want to run RemoteFX...can this be done on Windows XP and Windows 7 machines without SP1?

From the little searching I've done; it is possible. I don't know what's involved and the legality in it but I've read that it is possible.

Upgrading Windows 7 to SP1 should be able to be done over a single night or two via WSUS or an offline copy of SP1 on a few thumb drives and hitting them each.

From the little searching I've done; it is possible. I don't know what's involved and the legality in it but I've read that it is possible.

Upgrading Windows 7 to SP1 should be able to be done over a single night or two via WSUS or an offline copy of SP1 on a few thumb drives and hitting them each.

We don't have WSUS setup, plus I'm actually leaving my position in a couple of weeks, so I just want to get this sorted before I go.