New Flash Player 11.3.300.270

Thanks, much like the others, I'm really hoping it fixes the issues with it crashing browsers that seems to have cropped up recently.

Has anyone else noticed how the youtube player UI messes up when the page is scrolled? I noticed it happening a few weeks back. Is this a Flash issue or a youtube issue?

Has anyone else noticed how the youtube player UI messes up when the page is scrolled? I noticed it happening a few weeks back. Is this a Flash issue or a youtube issue?

it's a firefox issue as far as i'm aware, it doesn't happen in chrome for me just firefox

i think it has to do with how firefox has its smooth scrolling set up

it's a firefox issue as far as i'm aware, it doesn't happen in chrome for me just firefox

i think it has to do with how firefox has its smooth scrolling set up

I'm not too sure about that as I have the same issue with computers running IE9 and IE10 at the moment.

I'm not too sure about that as I have the same issue with computers running IE9 and IE10 at the moment.

hmm, I wonder what chome's doing differently then that it doesn't happen with the same version of flash

It does sound very strange, am I correct in believing that Chrome has a special version of flash baked in though which may be slightly modified from the core versions?

It does sound very strange, am I correct in believing that Chrome has a special version of flash baked in though which may be slightly modified from the core versions?

AFAIK it's not modified at all, just baked in (which you can still disable and use the version on your computer, which still the issue doesn't appear[at least it didn't for me])

I am stumped then, I just tested it on a couple of other websites with flash banners at the top of the page and the problem occurs there as well, if flash is enabled the page blurs when scrolling until you scroll up and down slightly, with flash disabled no such issue. Are you testing it on Windows or OSX though?

I am stumped then, I just tested it on a couple of other websites with flash banners at the top of the page and the problem occurs there as well, if flash is enabled the page blurs when scrolling until you scroll up and down slightly, with flash disabled no such issue.

what browser?

I just tested that on Windows 8 Release Preview (x64) Internet Explorer 10, but I definitely had the issue on some work PCs earlier with Windows 7 (x64) Internet Explorer 9 but they were only tested on YouTube.

AFAIK it's not modified at all, just baked in (which you can still disable and use the version on your computer, which still the issue doesn't appear[at least it didn't for me])

Its uses PPAPI rather NPAPI... plugin interface.. PPAPI which is standardized by Google (if wrong correct me).. As far as Mozilla does not have plan to implement it soon so PPAPI gives edge of Chrome Metro on Win8 having Plugin support etc.. So overall Flash in Chrome is quite different than others.

But as far as I know the PPAPI version of Flash in Chrome is older than the currently released version. The draw issues when scrolling are very common on Firefox, Internet Explorer and Opera. Very annoying too.

But as far as I know the PPAPI version of Flash in Chrome is older than the currently released version. The draw issues when scrolling are very common on Firefox, Internet Explorer and Opera. Very annoying too.

i'll agree with you there, it's a very annoying bug :/

How do you disable the internal Chrome Flash plugin? I'm still searching for a way to set the browser completely back to defaults. I've probably messed it up so much trying to fix these Flash issues.

How do you disable the internal Chrome Flash plugin? I'm still searching for a way to set the browser completely back to defaults. I've probably messed it up so much trying to fix these Flash issues.

chrome://plugins

so is this a windows only update? ive been scouring lookin for the mac version of this but to no avail .. on my 2 windows machines even though the download page listed .268 it still delivered .270 , but on my MBP i still continue to only get .268 .. hmm?

so is this a windows only update? ive been scouring lookin for the mac version of this but to no avail .. on my 2 windows machines even though the download page listed .268 it still delivered .270 , but on my MBP i still continue to only get .268 .. hmm?

Read what the link says - it clearly states that 11.3.300.268 is the latest version.