TV Show Prompted Woman

Earlier this summer, Nancy Grace did a segment on Toni Medrano. The Cottage Grove woman had just been accused of drinking, then passing out on her baby, suffocating him.

Grace dubbed Medrano the ?Vodka Mom.? :huh:

Medrano?s husband and mother are now speaking out on what they say the show did to her.

After Medrano?s 3-week-old son, Adrian, died, she faced second-degree manslaughter charges. Her husband, Jason Medrano, said she thought the family could get through the tough time together.

?After the show it was a big spiral down,? Jason Medrano said.

He said it was the appearance on Grace?s June 11 show that changed the woman he loved, forever.

?She was like, ?She called me a murderer,? and it started sinking in and all the comments ? it took a big toll,? he said.

Toni Medrano?s mother, Yvonne Hill, said her daughter ?locked up? after the show.

She said Toni Medrano changed her hair, wore hats and sunglasses, and refused to go out in public.

Less than a month after the Nancy Grace show featured her, Medrano killed herself by lighting herself on fire in the backyard of Hill?s home.

Attorney Michael Padden says he has been in contact with lawyers representing Grace?s show.

?Like most civil cases we?ll attempt resolution. If the case doesn?t settle, then it will go into litigation; but if it doesn?t settle then it?s 100 percent guarantee that it will go into litigation,? Padden said.

more & video

Less than a month after the Nancy Grace show featured her, Medrano killed herself by lighting herself on fire in the backyard of Hill?s home.

I feel for people that think suicide is the only remaining option available to them, but setting yourself on fire? There have got to be more peaceful ways to go about offing yourself, surely...

I feel for people that think suicide is the only remaining option available to them, but setting yourself on fire? There have got to be more peaceful ways to go about offing yourself, surely...

Maybe she thought she deserved to burn? Hard to tell when someone's in that state of mind, really...

Self-punishment

Anyone who kills themselves by lighting themselves on fire is whacked in the head. There are far less painless ways to go.

Which is the point of this article. The show really messed her up far more than the incident had already done.

Anyone who kills themselves by lighting themselves on fire is whacked in the head. There are far less painless ways to go.

Obviously she didnt wanted peace. She wanted to punish herself.

Self immolation is traditionally seen as the ultimate sacrifice and purifying act.

budist_monk_on_fire.jpg

Her son died because of her (whether it was her fault or not doesn't matter), she probably didn't think she deserved to go peacefully. Also you can't really imagine her state of mind at that point

I'm sorry, but speaking as someone who has contemplated suicide in the past... You really can't blame anyone else's actions on your committing suicide... We all have a choice of how to react to any given situation... Granted, making the same bad choices over and over again can put you into depression, which makes making the RIGHT choices even harder... But the choices are still there for you to make. The woman is a victim of her own making. Especially considering the circumstances leading to the death of her son. Plus.... It's Nancy Grace for Christ sake... Did she really expect to get a pat on the back from Nancy Grace? The bitter old hag specializes in ripping people to shreds on her show... So in conclusion, not only did the woman have a choice to NOT WATCH the show, she also had a choice of whether or not to end her life. And let me tell you, if it was me, I don't care if I'd done what this woman did.... I wouldn't give a rat's ass what Nancy ****ing Grace thought of me.