SAS hero jailed: Sergeant sentenced to two years after gun found

No it's not its still living in fear and you all as a nation let fear win!

Odd, because I have never armed myself, and never felt a single shred of fear over the fact that I don't own a gun.

Fear from what?

I've said before I'd think people who feel the need to own a gun because there's a chance they could be killed live in fear.

Flinty..A fear of guns. specifically handguns.Thats why they were banned. For fear of someone shooting someone else...

Flinty..A fear of guns. specifically handguns.Thats why they were banned. For fear of someone shooting someone else...

I don't fear guns, the same way I don't fear a car driving down the road; each capable of killing. I just don't see the need for guns. They're just superfluous to our society.

Yeah, how dare we call the gunning down of 15 children a bad event!

I don't fear guns, the same way I don't fear a car driving down the road; each capable of killing. I just don't see the need for guns. They're just superfluous to our society.

why did they get banned after the shooting? kneejerk reaction, fear of another shooting.Get enough fearmongers and you'll pull the people in hook line and sinker to get the votes.

Yeah, how dare we call the gunning down of 15 children a bad event!

Didn't say it wasn't bad when innocent people die its always bad.

Fear of guns eh? That's why I've got 3 shotguns and a rifle in my cabinet?

Wood I'm soooo scared.

Fear of guns eh? That's why I've got 3 shotguns and a rifle in my cabinet?

Wood I'm soooo scared.

only 3? They also banned semi autos right?

why did they get banned after the shooting? kneejerk reaction, fear of another shooting.Get enough fearmongers and you'll pull the people in hook line and sinker to get the votes.

Didn't say it wasn't bad when innocent people die its always bad.

I really wouldn't call a public debate, and petition a knee-jerk reaction. Infact that goes against the very idea you were pushing about Britain being under an iron fist. I'd call something like the Patriot Act a knee-jerk reaction.

Are you ignoring everything we say?

The public lobbied for years to have the firearms regulations changed.

only 3? They also banned semi autos right?

The number of guns isn't the point here.

Are you ignoring everything we say?

The public lobbied for years to have the firearms regulations changed.

Oh well. So how much crap do you have to go through just to own a shotgun or bolt action rifle?

You mean like your government did with the patriot act? Seems like being America doesn't give you protection from government tyrrany either, huh?

Societies need control, anarchistic societies don't thrive for a good reason: Because there are limits on what can and cannot be allowed. Even if you disallow really bad stuff like murder true freedom is impossible because you'll be diminishing someone's desires. How about keeping your banking information secret? another form of oppression. Fitting alarms on houses? Limits the freedom of thieves.

True freedom is oxymoronic and impossible to attain, the only difference is that we set the bar a little higher than you do, so just drop the act, governments everywhere limit their people's freedom to protect it's citizens. If you want a truly libertarian society go to Somalia and see how it's working out for them.

Oh well. So how much crap do you have to go through just to own a shotgun or bolt action rifle?

Thankfully, a police check and history check of previous medical and psycholigal issues.

That and you have to make sure your guns are kept in a lockable secure gun safe.

True freedom is oxymoronic and impossible to attain, the only difference is that we set the bar a little higher than you do, so just drop the act, governments everywhere limit their people's freedom to protect it's citizens. If you want a truly libertarian society go to Somalia and see how it's working out for them.

Quoted for the effing win!

Thankfully, a police check and history check of previous medical and psycholigal issues.

That and you have to make sure your guns are kept in a lockable secure gun safe.

Aren't you also required to prove that you're using your guns to hunt or protect your animals (if you're a farmer), failure to prove which could lead to your firearms license being revoked?

Aren't you also required to prove that you're using your guns to hunt or protect your animals (if you're a farmer), failure to prove which could lead to your firearms license being revoked?

Absolutely. Completely missed out one of the most important things doh!

Although membership at a regular hunt or clay shoot is good enough.

Quoted for the effing win!

Well that's pretty much the same thing here.Except the medical and psychological records. You fill out a form and its sent to the feds and the run a background check and if your good to go you can buy one. Believe it or not a lot of people fail the background check.As far as the psychological aspect by law here you can't own one if your mentally ill or a drug user but people slip through the cracks. Some states have a 10 day waiting period some have instant checks. Why a ten day waiting period? I don't know I guess because they think in the 10 days wait you'll decide to you wont go shoot someone :rolleyes:

You mean like your government did with the patriot act? Seems like being America doesn't give you protection from government tyrrany either, huh?

Societies need control, anarchistic societies don't thrive for a good reason: Because there are limits on what can and cannot be allowed. Even if you disallow really bad stuff like murder true freedom is impossible because you'll be diminishing someone's desires. How about keeping your banking information secret? another form of oppression. Fitting alarms on houses? Limits the freedom of thieves.

I never said some control isn't needed I never claimed that the U.S is some sort of land without control. All am I defending is the the rights we have, I don't and many like me don't want to see them disappear. And I think whenever this gentleman gets out of prison he should move over here.

Well that's pretty much the same thing here.Except the medical and psychological records. You fill out a form and its sent to the feds and the run a background check and if your good to go you can buy one. Believe it or not a lot of people fail the background check.As far as the psychological aspect by law here you can't own one if your mentally ill or a drug user but people slip through the cracks. Some states have a 10 day waiting period some of instant checks. Why a ten day waiting period? I don't know I guess because they think in the 10 days wait you'll decide to you wont go shoot someone :rolleyes:

I never said some control isn't needed I never claimed that the U.S is some sort of land without control. All am I defending is the the rights we have, I don't and many like me don't want to see them disappear. And I think whenever this gentleman gets out of prison he should move over here

Pretty much the same here then.

We also get the check of our premises every now and again to make sure we have a secure place to keep the guns.

Pretty much the same here then.

We also get the check of our premises every now and again to make sure we have a secure place to keep the guns.

We don't have that but some states require a gun lock to be purchased when a gun is purchased and CA, not sure about other states but CA requires you have a state approved gun safe along with locks.

We don't have that but some states require a gun lock to be purchased when a gun is purchased and CA, not sure about other states but CA requires you have a state approved gun safe along with locks.

Seems CA is a bit closer to the UK in terms of gun control.

Except of course we don't have handguns and we can't carry guns.

Seems CA is a bit closer to the UK in terms of gun control.

Except of course we don't have handguns and we can't carry guns.

CA Has a lot more gun laws which I think and a lot of gun owners think are crappy. Like in CA you're limited to 10 round magazines ( like if someone wanted to kill someone they couldn't kill with 10 rounds :rolleyes: ) You can't own an AR-15 in CA without a bullet button (well you can if you go featureless which means removing the pistol grip essentially making it a standard rifle)and you can't own an AK-47 without having a mag lock (unless you go featureless) but a state senator from CA is trying to ban bullet buttons and mag locks, theres a massive campaign by gun owners to try to stop it from happening. They want to ban the AR-15's because they look evil pretty much but they are the same as any other semi auto that we are allowed to own so what it comes down to is a fear of something that looks bad. New York and New Jersey are worse than CA. In New York City its practically impossible for the average citizen to own a handgun. And in the state of NY in order to own an AR-15 it has to have a fixed stock and a pin and welded muzzle break. And you are limited to 10 rounds as well. Why a fixed stock? I guess they think someone can do more harm with a collapsible stock I can go on and on lol

10 round limit makes little sense.

However you said we were draconian but look at some of those rules your states have slapped on owning guns. The difference is we chose to hand in our handguns and we, as the public, lobbied to have our firearms regulations changed.

There's a million and one things our government has done which I totally disagree with but thankfully the firearms regulations aren't one of them :)

10 round limit makes little sense.

However you said we were draconian but look at some of those rules your states have slapped on owning guns. The difference is we chose to hand in our handguns and we, as the public, lobbied to have our firearms regulations changed.

There's a million and one things our government has done which I totally disagree with but thankfully the firearms regulations aren't one of them :)

CA and New York and New jersey in the minority a lot of states are moving to shall issue carry permits where NY,NJ and CA are still behind.Most of the crimes happen in those states too, they try to impose gun laws to stop murders but it doesn't work meanwhile in the south the gun laws are lax and while murders do occure they aren't nearly on the same level of the murders in those three states.I used to live in Sacramento. CA and every day on the news there was a murder or robbery. Since I moved back home to Knoxville Ive heard of maybe 1 or 2 murders in the time since I been back and Ive been back since January. In CA murders happen all the time and they have stricter gun control.. Oh and regards to you all voting in the gun restrictions, there are people that want restrictions in place that's why there's strict gun laws in CA more liberals there, SF and LA control the state and both cities are liberal cities.