SAS hero jailed: Sergeant sentenced to two years after gun found

I never said some control isn't needed I never claimed that the U.S is some sort of land without control. All am I defending is the the rights we have, I don't and many like me don't want to see them disappear. And I think whenever this gentleman gets out of prison he should move over here.

I'm sorry but I still find your position on this front to be paradoxical. I've seen from your posts in other threads that you take no issue at all with the way gay people are oppressed in your country so why don't you just drop the pretence that you're some holy evangelist on a crusade to protect personal rights, because you're not, you're on a crusade to protect things that you personally agree with, IE an obsession with weaponry and death. I'm sorry to bust your nuggets on this one but your motives are just as self serving as you claim everyone else's to be.

CA Has a lot more gun laws which I think and a lot of gun owners think are crappy. Like in CA you're limited to 10 round magazines ( like if someone wanted to kill someone they couldn't kill with 10 rounds :rolleyes: ) You can't own an AR-15 in CA without a bullet button (well you can if you go featureless which means removing the pistol grip essentially making it a standard rifle)and you can't own an AK-47 without having a mag lock (unless you go featureless) but a state senator from CA is trying to ban bullet buttons and mag locks, theres a massive campaign by gun owners to try to stop it from happening. They want to ban the AR-15's because they look evil pretty much but they are the same as any other semi auto that we are allowed to own so what it comes down to is a fear of something that looks bad. New York and New Jersey are worse than CA. In New York City its practically impossible for the average citizen to own a handgun. And in the state of NY in order to own an AR-15 it has to have a fixed stock and a pin and welded muzzle break. And you are limited to 10 rounds as well. Why a fixed stock? I guess they think someone can do more harm with a collapsible stock I can go on and on lol

Well stop the presses I actually agree with you to some degree. Limiting the size of magazines, and the design of stocks isn't going to alleviate the problem. Because the problem isn't the design of the stock or the size of the magazine, it's the actual weapons themselves and the mentality of those that wield them that is the biggest problem.

• Like 3

I'm sorry but I still find your position on this front to be paradoxical. I've seen from your posts in other threads that you take no issue at all with the way gay people are oppressed in your country so why don't you just drop the pretence that you're some holy evangelist on a crusade to protect personal rights, because you're not, you're on a crusade to protect things that you personally agree with, IE an obsession with weaponry and death. I'm sorry to bust your nuggets on this one but your motives are just as self serving as you claim everyone else's to be.

ZING.

Well stop the presses I actually agree with you to some degree. Limiting the size of magazines, and the design of stocks isn't going to alleviate the problem. Because the problem isn't the design of the stock or the size of the magazine, it's the actual weapons themselves and the mentality of those that wield them that is the biggest problem.

So I have to have comment on everything now? Are you serious. I take no issue with gay people being oppressed? When did I say it was ok or agreed with them being oppressed. So because I don't comment in a thread that means I don't have an opinion. Please get over yourself. You're full of **** if you think im obessed with death btw and I find that rude and insulting. OMG HE LIKES GUNZ HE IS OBESSED WITH DEATH! :rolleyes: Gun control is an issue that is close to me yes. Coming from an oppressive state like CA it moved up on my radar a lot. If you want to know my views on gay marriage then here it is I agree they should be able to get married I agree they should have the same rights as a straight couple. What other issue you going to ask me about now :rolleyes:.

So why the constant ranting about "liberals" in threads where gay marriage comes up? People who favour gay marriage don't usually ramble on about "liberals" :/

So why the constant ranting about "liberals" in threads where gay marriage comes up? People who favour gay marriage don't usually ramble on about "liberals" :/

I didn't know you had to be a liberal to be gay. Just goes to show how you stereo type me. I'm not strictly republican or democrat, on some issues I side with the left on some issues with the right.

• 3 months later...

Idiotic. A person doesn't just "forget" having a gun and 300 rounds of ammunition. Being in the armed forces shouldn't put him beyond the law, and it sickens me that some people in this country hero worship the military so badly that they **** their pants when they do something wrong.

Idiotic. A person doesn't just "forget" having a gun and 300 rounds of ammunition. Being in the armed forces shouldn't put him beyond the law, and it sickens me that some people in this country hero worship the military so badly that they **** their pants when they do something wrong.

Brain damage would probably disagree with you about people forgetting things. Extenuating circumstances and all that.

He clearly wasn't beyond the reach of the law when he was tried and sentenced...

My point was that nowhere in any of the articles did it state that he had brain damage, he was just a moron.

My point was that nowhere in any of the articles did it state that he had brain damage, he was just a moron.

The hearing heard that Nightingale's memory had been affected by seizures and a coma he had suffered while undertaking a 132-mile run in the jungle of Brazil in October 2009. Although he had returned to active duty within a year, he was still affected by what had happened, and his recollection of how he got the gun and from whom were not reliable.

In that case then I withdraw my objection. Still a silly mistake to make but no harm came of it.