SAS hero jailed: Sergeant sentenced to two years after gun found

• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#16 OP KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,290 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:08

No, the government bans them to stop people walking into schools and shooting up people which is why they banned handguns after the Dunblane tragedy, they are trying to crack down on the gun culture infiltrating the UK, to stop rival gangs killing innocent people in the crossfire which has happened quite a few times over the years, little kids losing their lives.

Before you say it, the answer isn't to give everyone guns.

Yep, lets not teach the people to be responsible lets just ban things we think are dangerous! I absolutely hate the protectionist culture. If its remotely dangerous it needs to be regulated or banned! Hell I can't even own the type of dog I have in the U.K. Oh crap someone stabbed someone with a blade over 6 inches long ban them!! Someone killed a few people with a gun BAN THEM! A dog bit and killed an old lady BAN THEM! I couldn't live in a world like that.

#17 sidroc

sidroc

The critic

• 4,910 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:08

And this is an example of why I don't want the U.S to turn into England+ having a "evil" gun that's "sole purpose is to kill" will get you prison time, that's B.S to the highest degree.

As many know I am a ardent gun supporter and have had to pull mine once. That said, the law is the law and if you feel the need to break the law as a protest then I can support you if you also take the consequences for your actions. That said, this wasn't out of protest and even if it was be prepared to take the consequences. If this soldier was a pedophile you wouldn't be asking for leniancy regardless of his past actions. If you want to discuss gun control laws in the UK make a post about it. This soldier brought it on himself.

#18 OP KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,290 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:11

As many know I am a ardent gun supporter and have had to pull mine once. That said, the law is the law and if you feel the need to break the law as a protest then I can support you if you also take the consequences for your actions. That said, this wasn't out of protest and even if it was be prepared to take the consequences. If this soldier was a pedophile you wouldn't be asking for leniancy regardless of his past actions. If you want to discuss gun control laws in the UK make a post about it. This soldier brought it on himself.

Having a gun and molesting a kid are on two completely different levels.

#19 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:11

Yep, lets not teach the people to be responsible lets just ban things we think are dangerous! I absolutely hate the protectionist culture. If its remotely dangerous it needs to be regulated or banned! Hell I can't even own the type of dog I have in the U.K. Oh crap someone stabbed someone with a blade over 6 inches long ban them!! Someone killed a few people with a gun BAN THEM! A dog bit and killed an old lady BAN THEM! I couldn't live in a world like that.

This isn't about the ethics of gun culture/ownership.

The fact is the government has banned handguns, he has a handgun, he broke the law, he goes to jail. If there was any kind of leeway I'm pretty sure it would have been taken but they cant just let him off the hook.

#20 OP KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,290 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:13

This isn't about the ethics of gun culture/ownership.

The fact is the government has banned handguns, he has a handgun, he broke the law, he goes to jail. If there was any kind of leeway I'm pretty sure it would have been taken but they cant just let him off the hook.

And I think that's B.S for the reasons I stated.

#21 sidroc

sidroc

The critic

• 4,910 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:13

So you think breaking the law is OK if your a hero? Let me rephrase it, are you in favor of selective enforcement of the law? If so do you realise that is one of the number one forms of corruption in developed countries. Having a problem with a law and not enforcing it are two different things which is why the San Francisco police chief openly stating he would not cooperate with ICE agents makes me so angry. It was Lincoln the first GOP president who was quoted to of said breaking the law is never right even if you disagree with it.

#22 Ryoken

Ryoken

The Other Other White Meat

• 2,466 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 4S, Nexus 7, iPad Mini

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:15

Well said.

You can't set up different standards of laws and punishment just because of who the person is, their job, etc.
If he needed a firearm, there are ways to legally get them. I'm not sure about Handguns in the UK, but I know in Canada it's a rather long process, but you can legally own one. And if it's not legal, then it's NOT LEGAL. No one to blame but himself.

Legally speaking, both are criminal offences punishable by jail time. We can say one is worse all we want, but the law sees no difference.

This is why we made laws in the first place, so Everyone has to live by the same rules. I don't want there to be some arbitrary lines that some people can cross and others can't.

#23 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:15

And I think that's B.S for the reasons I stated.

Are you British?

Why do you care?

Keep your nose out of British affairs....

(I can't remember any of the other retorts you used in the other threads when people were attacking America)

#24 OP KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,290 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:16

So you think breaking the law is OK if your a hero? Let me rephrase it, are you in favor of selective enforcement of the law? If so do you realise that is one of the number one forms of corruption in developed countries.

I think the law is stupid. That's what I think and I've stated my distain with it already in this thread. I think he shouldn't have had to go to jail in the first place.I think a culture that acts like a nanny is B.S.

Are you British?

Why do you care?

Keep your nose out of British affairs....

(I can't remember any of the other retorts you used in the other threads when people were attacking America)

Why? If you all are going to be hypocrits and wont butt out then why should I. I see you all nosing in our affairs all the time. You all wont butt out so.

#25 sidroc

sidroc

The critic

• 4,910 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:18

I think the law is stupid. That's what I think and I've stated my distain with it already in this thread. I think he shouldn't have had to go to jail in the first place.I think a culture that acts like a nanny is B.S.

Why? If you all are going to be hypocrits and wont butt out then why should I. I see you all nosing in our affairs all the time. You all wont butt out so.

It is well known that UK gun laws are even more draconian than gun laws is Russia but that isn't the point here.

#26 Ryoken

Ryoken

The Other Other White Meat

• 2,466 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 4S, Nexus 7, iPad Mini

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:20

Well clearly the people in that culture don't.. otherwise they would have elected people to change it..

I think you'll find that the overwhelming majority of the UK favors their current gun laws.. But that's right, when you want people to be free, you mean free to make choice you approve of.

#27 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:21

So we have to butt out about America but you feel you can butt in on everyone elses affairs, spoken like a true American.

#28 OP KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,290 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:21

It is well known that UK gun laws are even more draconian than gun laws is Russia but that isn't the point here.

Having a handgun gets you two years in prison :rolleyes: must suck to fight for a country that will put you in jail for that kind of thing. I know he broke the law and has to do the time but it still sucks that he put his life on the line for his country and gets 2 years for IMO a B.S reason.

#29 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:23

Having a handgun gets you two years in prison :rolleyes: must suck to fight for a country that will put you in jail for that kind of thing. I know he broke the law and has to do the time but it still sucks that he put his life on the line for his country and gets 2 years for IMO a B.S reason.

No one forced him into service, he chose to join the armed forces. He shouldn't get special privileges just because he signed on a dotted line.

#30 OP KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,290 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:23

So we have to butt out about America but you feel you can butt in on everyone elses affairs, spoken like a true American.

I haven't butted in to anyone elses affairs besides this one. Blanket statement much?