Warner Bros. Prepping for a Batman Reboot in 2016?

Previously, news came out about the Justice League Movie being written by Will Beall, and we were informed that the upcoming Man of Steel movie would be spearheading a new DC shared universe.

With The Dark Knight Rises being the last of Christopher Nolan's Batman movies, Warner Bros. is obviously looking to reboot the Batman franchise.

I'm told that a new Batman movie might be slated for 2016 following the Justice League Movie, and it will not be an origin story (like Amazing Spider-Man), but will feature a Batman who is entering his second year as a hero.

The film may also be called "The Batman," though I can't be sure on that as the 2004 animated series was of the same title which featured a Batman in his third year.

Also, this new Batman will be part of the same shared DC Universe that features the Justice League Movie as well as having Henry Cavill in the role of Superman in Justice League and subsequent sequels to the Man of Steel.

The info comes from our source who has previously provided us information about the Green Lantern movie, The Dark Knight Rises and the Man of Steel.

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/exclusive-batman-movie-reboot-feature-batman-second-year-hero-ties-justice-league-movie

I like the new movies. but Maybe we can get a real Batman this time, and not this crap with the weird non bat mobile ish bat mobiles and ****.

And Maybe they could start doing them like they do James Bond, just keep going with the storyline and replace the actor when his contract runs out. I know that's what they did with the first ones, so...

I like the new movies. but Maybe we can get a real Batman this time, and not this crap with the weird non bat mobile ish bat mobiles and ****.

And Maybe they could start doing them like they do James Bond, just keep going with the storyline and replace the actor when his contract runs out. I know that's what they did with the first ones, so...

Those movies were terrible though.

Terrific, another reboot. I won't stick with it after this most recent reboot. Two of three were great, the third sucked. I'm done with Batman.

I am yet to see TDKR, I am a bit worried I might hate it!

I'd love another Batman film...

If they went with the style of Batman from the recent games, or that actually portrays 'the worlds greatest detective'.

Unfortunately I didn't get any of them from the Nolan films.

I am yet to see TDKR, I am a bit worried I might hate it!

My recommendation is, don't waste your time. It just cannot live up to the hype and it doesn't even come close to TDK.
  • Like 2

Those movies were terrible though.

Some of them were, well the weren't great at any rate. And how's that relevant to a possible future series. Would you rather have a new batman series every time they replace the actor or an actual semi continuos series ala James bond.

Some of them were, well the weren't great at any rate. And how's that relevant to a possible future series. Would you rather have a new batman series every time they replace the actor or an actual semi continuos series ala James bond.

I hate when they replace actors within the same storyline. I couldn't stand it with Rachel between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. I almost didn't see the film. And I didn't feel anything for her character in TDK at all because of it.

If you want a sense of realism, changing the actor kills that entirely for me.

• Like 1

I hate when they replace actors within the same storyline. I couldn't stand it with Rachel between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. I almost didn't see the film. And I didn't feel anything for her character in TDK at all because of it.

same thing with Iron Man and Iron Man 2. Cheadle replacing Howard. Got annoying. But I moved on.

i actually like tim burtons batman movies (koala or some animal face.)

Aka, Batman Returns / Forever.

I hope it will be kinda like that :p

Can't blame them for replacing Howard though - from the accounts of the incidents he was being a real d*ck on the set.

Yea, from what I've gathered he was an ass on the set, and was very difficult to work with.

As long as they keep milking the cow.. I think its time they make some originals.

Comic movies are here to stay, given they are the largest money making genre of movies out now, expect the next 30 yrs of nothing but reboot after reboot.

I don't see anything super bad about TKDR, either. It's not as good as TDK but I find it better than Batman Begins. Can anyone tell why they think TKDR is horrible (maybe put spoiler tags so as not to spoil those who hasn't seen it yet?

Personally, I don't mind reboots when it comes to superhero movies. I even find the recent superhero films to be better. It's not as if the quality degraded to the level of Saw, or Final Destination cash cows.

so i take it you're not a fan of James Bond?

What exactly was wrong with TDKR? I saw it on the IMAX and a regular theater so far and thought it was very good :D

I don't see anything super bad about TKDR, either. It's not as good as TDK but I find it better than Batman Begins. Can anyone tell why they think TKDR is horrible (maybe put spoiler tags so as not to spoil those who hasn't seen it yet?

Personally, I don't mind reboots when it comes to superhero movies. I even find the recent superhero films to be better. It's not as if the quality degraded to the level of Saw, or Final Destination cash cows.

No need for spoilers.

The majority of the issue with TDKR is the fact that it's stupidly long, huge gaps between action and had so much more potential than it was given.

same thing with Iron Man and Iron Man 2. Cheadle replacing Howard. Got annoying. But I moved on.

lol, I didn't even realise they were supposed to be the same character.