Warner Bros. Prepping for a Batman Reboot in 2016?

Most definitely, but I'm kind of surprised that TDKR didn't even MENTION joker at all. Or even hint at him escaping during the prison escape.

Nolan said that was out of respect for him.

I want to see them do Hush as a villain. But they have now covered all the major villains from Batman in some kind of medium besides Hush. They will have to repeat and the Joker is just to big not to. But I could see them waiting till maybe the 2nd movie of the reboot just to put more space between the new joker and Ledger.

you can bank on the joker being back in the next batman movie, he's too big of a villian to just drop. if ledger didn't die he probably would of been in the final nolan flick as well.

And I think it's time to try something else. There's enough villains to pick from, we don't have to keep reusing the same 2-3 each time.

And I think it's time to try something else. There's enough villains to pick from, we don't have to keep reusing the same 2-3 each time.

good luck with that one. you know the man of steel "reboot" has zod again right?

Nolan said that was out of respect for him.

But I could see them waiting till maybe the 2nd movie of the reboot just to put more space between the new joker and Ledger.

i don't think so. ledger was good but theres no reason to do that in a reboot.

That's like telling someone to not watch Return of the Jedi. Yes, TDK was very good but TDKR is not a waste of time if you care about the overall series.

TDKR doesn't add anything to the overall story. The story in it felt forced to me, like Nolan didn't really have a plan for it that tied in nicely with the other two films. Not like TDK did.

good luck with that one. you know the man of steel "reboot" has zod again right?

Zod isn't overused, besides we last saw him back in the 80s with the original Superman 2 movie, I can let that slide since it's been so long. Had you said, man of steel "reboot" has Lex again, then I'd agree. Lex is to Superman as Joker is to Batman.

Zod isn't overused, besides we last saw him back in the 80s with the original Superman 2 movie, I can let that slide since it's been so long. Had you said, man of steel "reboot" has Lex again, then I'd agree. Lex is to Superman as Joker is to Batman.

gotta agree with that

lol... your gonna get lex at the end and in the sequel from what im reading.

could be a deal maker with me so maybe not worth a watch for me

could be a deal maker with me so maybe not worth a watch for me

well lex won't be the reason i don't go see it. anyways as i said they are not going to drop any main villians like lex or the joker or even the green goblin in the spiderman reboot.

TDKR doesn't add anything to the overall story. The story in it felt forced to me, like Nolan didn't really have a plan for it that tied in nicely with the other two films. Not like TDK did.

The Dark Knight didn't tie into Begins at all though.

Superman 2 will be 33 years ago when Man of Steel is released.

Superman 2 will be 33 years ago when Man of Steel is released.

true but your still going to get lex luthor throughout the movie even though he may not show up physically until the end. point being they may introduce new villains but they will certainly not axe any of the main ones.

How did it not add anything? You think TDK brought more to the series (in terms of story continuation) than TDKR? I'm sorry but I have to disagree. In TDKR one of the big sub-plots was the Harvey Dent stuff. I can't think of anything in TDK that referenced the events of BB?

I guess TDKR will just be one of those love it-hate it movies. I can respect that.

The Dark Knight didn't tie into Begins at all though.

Did you forget the ending to Batman Begins? The introduction to the Joker. That was a direct continuation of the story.

How did it not add anything? You think TDK brought more to the series (in terms of story continuation) than TDKR? I'm sorry but I have to disagree. In TDKR one of the big sub-plots was the Harvey Dent stuff. I can't think of anything in TDK that referenced the events of BB?

I guess TDKR will just be one of those love it-hate it movies. I can respect that.

With regard to TDK & BB references to each other, see above. As for Harvey Dent, that storyline ended pretty well with TDK. The only thing that didn't wrap up well was how the city viewed Batman. And while that may have been wrapped up in TDKR, that one tiny thing isn't enough to make up for the horrible rest of the film.

As I've stated before, I found the entire storyline for TDKR to be utterly laughable. Bane was a horrible villain, with a silly voice that I couldn't take seriously; Catwoman was barely a blip on the film's radar; Robin was introduced for absolutely no reason, any other pointless character could have done the same thing and it wouldn't have made a bit of difference; pacing; tone; maniacal supervillan; doomsday devices; non-compelling action sequences; a much, much too brief "re-training" period for Bruce (Screen-time, I mean. 3 months in a few minutes? Cue sit-up montage.); a much, much too brief parallel "under seige" period for Gotham; Lucius Fox and Commissioner Gordon are side-lined; "Get the President on the line," etc.; the old "fly away from the city, detonating the bomb and sacrificing yourself" trope (or should I say clich?) already used once this year by Avengers; a half-assed romance with Miranda Tate that means nothing and goes nowhere; "The Bat" That's a big one; yet again, Bane is really just a tool; Batman having gone into retirement period. Batman doesn't retire for 8 years, no matter how good it is. Come on; No redemption for Gordon; The trivialization of Alfred's mourning; Alfred pretty much just showing up a couple of times to have rushed conversations that culminate in him saying something profound and insightful and then walking away dramatically; The Bat Cave? Meh; Everything, I mean everything about the ending.

Edited by Hurmoth

I'm not saying to "cut" any main villains I'm just saying it's time to try and use some of the other ones already. How about some writer and director show some gutts and try to do a good Riddler for once? Black Mask? hell, clayface if we're dropping the "realistic" side of things next time around. There's a long list out there to use, why limit it to Joker and then maybe 2 others?

While the Batman and Robin was one terrible movie, I still have to admit that it is a good looking movie, color wise.

Did you forget the ending to Batman Begins? The introduction to the Joker. That was a direct continuation of the story.

5-10 seconds that was, hardly counts (Dark Knight begins with Joker being ignored for the mob as well). Rises actually felt far more like a sequel to Batman Begins than The Dark Knight; in fact, much of the references in fact were to themes in Begins.