Photo
poll

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Poll: Put your money where your month is (118 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you want to be sitting on Microsoft stock for the first 6 months after Windows 8 is released?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 04 August 2012 - 16:54

Here is a question I was thinking about. Pretend you currently had Microsoft stock. Would you want to be sitting on that stock when Windows 8 is released?

Windows 8 is the 1st version of windows that will not get put on my workstation out of the RTM gate. I even upgraded to Windows ME and to Vista.

#2 McKay

McKay

Neowinian Stallion

• Phone: LG G3

Posted 04 August 2012 - 16:54

Probably not, Microsoft stock prices barely fluctuate.

#3 +Quillz

Quillz

A Talking Pokemon

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 04 August 2012 - 16:57

Poll is missing the "God Yes" option.

#4 suprNOVA

suprNOVA

devSquad

• Phone: Galaxy Note III

Posted 04 August 2012 - 17:03

Yeah, McKay's right, looked at a 10yr period and meh, they're just hanging out near 25-31. But then again..........who knows :rofl:

#5 Colin McGregor

Colin McGregor

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Samsung Ativ S WP8

Posted 04 August 2012 - 17:08

I can't wait till W8 comes out so we don't need to see anymore of these stupid "MS Will Fail" threads. Warwagon you should just go back to pretending to be funny in the jokes section.

#6 OP +warwagon

warwagon

Posted 04 August 2012 - 17:10

I can't wait till W8 comes out so we don't need to see anymore of these stupid "MS Will Fail" threads. Warwagon you should just go back to pretending to be funny in the jokes section.

But what if it does fail? Then all you will see is "I told you so" threads :)

#7 +Quillz

Quillz

A Talking Pokemon

Posted 04 August 2012 - 17:11

But what if it does fail? Then all you will see is "I told you so" threads :)

What if it doesn't fail?

#8 Colin McGregor

Colin McGregor

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Samsung Ativ S WP8

Posted 04 August 2012 - 17:11

It won't fail. THeres nothing else to go to.

#9 OP +warwagon

warwagon

Posted 04 August 2012 - 17:12

What if it doesn't fail?

Then we will still see "I told you so thread" just from the other camp.

It won't fail. THeres nothing else to go to.

It could fail if customers that get Windows 8 on their new computer send it back to the OEM demanding they give them a machine with windows 7.

#10 I am Reid

I am Reid

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 August 2012 - 17:16

yeah I don't think MS is the type of stock you dump money in to get a quick buck. They are a solid company that have a clear business plan and don't really swing for homeruns. I mean they try every now and then but they are mostly a consistent singles type of company. Sure they've had their highs and lows, but over the last 10 years they have been near the same price point.

#11 +Quillz

Quillz

A Talking Pokemon

Posted 04 August 2012 - 17:21

It could fail if customers that get Windows 8 on their new computer send it back to the OEM demanding they give them a machine with windows 7.

Which is supposedly what happened with Vista and even that was technically a successful product, even though not on the same scale as 7/XP.

Like with Windows 95, which was also something almost completely new in its day, why don't we let people try it first before we just assume it's going to fail and be the end of Microsoft?

#12 xWhiplash

xWhiplash

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 August 2012 - 19:24

Which is supposedly what happened with Vista and even that was technically a successful product, even though not on the same scale as 7/XP.

Like with Windows 95, which was also something almost completely new in its day, why don't we let people try it first before we just assume it's going to fail and be the end of Microsoft?

Um maybe because Windows 95 was progress for the better?

To go from this: http://en.wikipedia....ki/Windows_3.1x
To this: http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Windows_95

Is progress for the better. To go from what we have now to a similar 3.1 style of things is not progress at all. As I said before, having the freedom of having dozens of windows open and visible at once is what I need in a computer. Having so many monitoring and network activity windows open at once is essential. And do not give me the "oh just use the desktop mode in Windows 8". The fact is if I never ever use the metro UI, why do I need to see it in my face every damn day? I will just stick to Windows 7 thanks. I can be so much more productive with that OS than with Windows 8.

#13 FMH

FMH

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 August 2012 - 19:27

GOD YES!!! :punk:

#14 The Teej

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian

Posted 04 August 2012 - 19:28

Haha God yes - especially with WP8 on its way combined with Microsoft Surface. Choo choo money train!!

#15 ahhell

ahhell

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 August 2012 - 19:36

2 things.
1. Those people are ****ing morons.
2. The odd person sending a machine back for stupid reasons will have ZERO affect. Millions of people will be running Win8 by the of the year.