Chick-fil-A Protesters Harass Elderly Preacher

An elderly Chicago street preacher was harassed by protesters outside a Chick-fil-A restaurant as police in at least two cities investigate acts of vandalism allegedly by vandals upset over the company?s support for traditional marriage.

Artist Manny Castro, who said he is a homosexual, confessed to The Huffington Post that he was responsible for vandalizing a Chick-fil-A restaurant in Torrance, Calif.

?I?m against what these people stand for, what this company stands for,? he told The Huffington Post. ?They?re trying to take away what little rights we already have.?

Castro spray painted ?Tastes Like Hate? on the side of the restaurant. He called his criminal activity ?art? and denied he broke the law.

?It?s paint on a wall,? he said. It got removed in less than an hour. It?s not that much of a crime ? it?s a protest.?

?I thought of the photographs from 40 years ago of Christians protesting blacks marrying whites,? said Castro. ?It is the same thing.?

Police told the LA Daily News they are investigating the incident.

A second incident occurred in Missouri. Someone spray painted ?don?t hate? on brick walls and ?tastes like hate,? at a Chick-fil-A in Des Peres, television station KMOV reported.

In Chicago a group of protesters surrounded an elderly street preacher outside the city?s lone Chick-fil-A restaurant. Video of the incident was posted on the website legalinsurrection.com.

The protesters ridiculed and mocked the man ? using chalk to write insulting messages on the sidewalk. One of the messages read, ?He?s really gay deep down.?

?I do hate God,? one protester screamed at the elderly man as someone waved a rainbow flag. ?Then your Bible is in itself immoral. I am tired of your hypocrisy, sir.?

In other acts of violence, a Chick-fil-A restaurant in Martinsburg, West Va. was evacuated after someone called in a bomb threat. The threat was later deemed a hoax. In Greenville, South Carolina, a man was arrested after he blocked the drive-thru of a Chick-fil-A with his vehicle.

Source

I am fully convinced that man, as a whole, is an incredibly flawed and self-centered bag of stupid.

I seriously doubt most of the people protesting have had folks get in their face and scream at them, like they do to others. It is shameful that they, in a quest for acceptance instead turn to anger, hate, and belittlement like they say they receive. When you cannot rise above what you claim to fight, you have already failed.

Shameful no matter what the cause.

I am fully convinced that man, as a whole, is an incredibly flawed and self-centered bag of stupid.

But... but...

God created man, in HIS image!

• Like 2

But... but...

God created man, in HIS image!

...that was prior to the choice of sin and falling short of God and his glory. The image is still there, just very tainted by the nature of sin and well, stupidity.

Try burning the bible in front of any religious preachers talking about homosexual immorality or some stupid thing like that.

That should make such a person go away.

Meh, i dont even care anymore. Even if the republicans get over gays, like they did the blacks...theyll just find a new group to hate. They really drag america down..

Meh, i dont even care anymore. Even if the republicans get over gays, like they did the blacks...theyll just find a new group to hate. They really drag america down..

I like your comment, but it isn't republicans. It is really anyone who thinks something is "sacred" enough to deny a right that others have. Nothing is sacred, and discrimination is discrimination, I don't care how you try and sugarcoat it. Anyone who thinks this way is dragging America down. Religious groups have been impeding science, and progression for years.

• Like 3

So, nothing to say about the men making fun of this preacher? It exists on BOTH sides.

• Like 2

When you do stuff like this you're more inclined to turn people who may be sympathetic with your cause away from it.

• Like 2

What annoys me is that people in this thread and the world think that gays have some sort of hive mind, that a small group of gay people even one gay person speaks and acts for every gay person.

Its ridiculous.

Just because these gays are idiots doesn't mean that every gay person condones it. Why would you judge millions of people by the actions of a few....

• Like 2

What annoys me is that people in this thread and the world think that gays have some sort of hive mind, that a small group of gay people even one gay person speaks and acts for every gay person.

Its ridiculous.

Just because these gays are idiots doesn't mean that every gay person condones it. Why would you judge millions of people by the actions of a few....

I'm totally playing devil's advocate here....but you're being very hypocritical. The same is thought about religious people.

That being said, I'm gay. I strongly believe that we should voice our concerns when our rights are being trampled on and I have on several occasions verbally attacked many of the bigots on this site. But to be completely fair (and believe me this isn't easy to admit given my thoughts on a lot of current issues regarding gays and marriage), what you're saying can easily be applied to how the religious folk are treated.

Lol I feel like a pod person right now...

It's all about context though, of course I should judge a group of religious people when the message is one of hate, gays are protesting in the name of their own rights, they aren't trying to oppress religion/heterosexuals, they just want equal rights, just a shame that some spoil it for the rest.

I have to say that when I watched that video, I felt really sad. It was very hard for me to watch that.

I don't really want to post this, but this reminded me of how Jewish people were made fun of in

Germany from the German SS at the very beginning before the war.

While I know not all people are like that, I was hoping that it wouldn't be this bad this early

and I fear it's only the start of things to come.

It's all about context though, of course I should judge a group of religious people when the message is one of hate, gays are protesting in the name of their own rights, they aren't trying to oppress religion/heterosexuals, they just want equal rights, just a shame that some spoil it for the rest.

But, you're insinuating that the entire group of religious people are the same. So you're basically saying it's not ok to apply these blanket thoughts/statements to homosexuals for instance, but perfectly ok to make blanket statements/judgments on religious groups.

I don't disagree that all homosexuals shouldn't be painted with the same brush, but you're implying that all religious people should. You're being a hypocrite. Which quite frankly, I find much much worse than someone who uses blanket statements (Which I do ALL the time. It's fun to run around painting everyone with a particular brush).

I'm not insinuating they are all the same but when the book they worship says that gays are an abomination its easier to target the religion than the people who worship it. If that happens to be a catch-all, tough titty.

All gays want is equality, the 'good book' says that gays are an abomination and sinners, its easier to apply a blanket statement to the people who worship that book because of the message it sends.

Fascism rears its ugly head in many guises. The latest version is to be seen demonstrating against a chicken restaurant.

What's wrong with that?

Is it not OK to be intolerant of intolerance?

There is no way of effectively going after the CEO, so they hit him where it hurts, his profits.

I'm not insinuating they are all the same but when the book they worship says that gays are an abomination its easier to target the religion than the people who worship it. If that happens to be a catch-all, tough titty.

All gays want is equality, the 'good book' says that gays are an abomination and sinners, its easier to apply a blanket statement to the people who worship that book because of the message it sends.

I definitely won't disagree that it's "easier to apply" to them, doesn't mean it should be and or that it's ok to do so. Which is my point. How does that saying go? People who live in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones.

I throw stones all day. I had Plexiglas installed ;)

Its ridiculous.

Totally. The actions of one or a few shouldn't speak for everyone else in the group. So tired of seeing all these comments about the Chick-fil-a thing and people being annoyed by "the homosexuals" for being a part of it.

Though to be fair, the guy speaking may not even be homosexual for all we know. Plus considering this is obviously a demonstration, it just seems like the dude is merely expressing opinions of his own which is all about the free speech. The preacher guy could also retort back with his own opinions.

Well if you want to get down to the science part of it what makes homosexuality in nature normal? Humans and animals alike are suppose to procreate with male+female... you can not achieve that with F+F or M+M ..So in some regards it is an abomination just like albino animals. Now don't take this as me hating on gays because i don't - i think they should be treated like every other person as well - they only lack the ability to marry and assume legal authority over their spouse in medical situations..other than that they can vote, work at any job, own land, own a home, etc...Hell blacks were oppressed far worse if you look at it. What these protesters did in this video makes me lose a lot of respect for the movement - they want tolerance and acceptance but they have no problem bashing and demeaning a preacher or anyone who might not exactly believe in their lifestyle. Martin Luther King preached non violence..maybe the gay community should take a page from his book of non violent protest if they stand to gain what they truly want.

Well if you want to get down to the science part of it what makes homosexuality in nature normal? Humans and animals alike are suppose to procreate with male+female... you can not achieve that with F+F or M+M ..So in some regards it is an abomination just like albino animals. Now don't take this as me hating on gays because i don't - i think they should be treated like every other person as well - they only lack the ability to marry and assume legal authority over their spouse in medical situations..other than that they can vote, work at any job, own land, own a home, etc...Hell blacks were oppressed far worse if you look at it. What these protesters did in this video makes me lose a lot of respect for the movement - they want tolerance and acceptance but they have no problem bashing and demeaning a preacher or anyone who might not exactly believe in their lifestyle. Martin Luther King preached non violence..maybe the gay community should take a page from his book of non violent protest if they stand to gain what they truly want.

I never said it was 'normal', the norm is heterosexuality and homosexuality is outside of that norm. The problem is the connotation that is attached to words used to describe gays, while the usage might be entirely innocent the connotation makes it feel like they are less than, like they are second class citizens just because they like the same sex.

Abomination is a disgusting word to use to describe a group of people:

a?bom?i?na?tion

[uh-bom-uh-ney-shuhn]

1. anything abominable; anything greatly disliked or abhorred.

2. intense aversion or loathing; detestation: He regarded lying with abomination.

3. a vile, shameful, or detestable action, condition, habit, etc.: Spitting in public is an abomination.

Again, you use the word 'they' a lot, 'they' are a group of people, not spokespeople for every gay person. I agree they have MOST rights but not all rights and I never said that sexual orientation oppression was even the slightest bit like racial oppression, but oppression is oppression. While they have most rights they also cant adopt, get sacked from jobs for being gay, they get spat on, they get assaulted even murdered just because of their sexuality, again I'm not trying to say that it's anything as bad as racial oppression but gays have it a lot worse than you realise.