Windows 8 is the first OS that made me downgrade

• Please log in to reply
793 replies to this topic

#1 yo popcaan

yo popcaan

Neowinian

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:34

POPULAR

As much as I tried to get used to Win 8, there is no way I'll go back to it. No those fake start buttons are crap. Yes they are. Just when you think Microsoft finally got it right with Win 7, someone in their R&D dept. decided that their main source of revenue needed major change. I understand the whole idea of integrating all MS devices together and trying to take over the world with a unified OS but when you force ridiculous **** down people's throat they go elsewhere. If Windows 8 becomes a requirement to run certain **** I'll switch to Ubuntu (or another Debian distro) in a heartbeat. I've been using Windows since 3.1 and never have I seen such a stupid decision since WinME. F*** *** MS.

#2 Motoko.

Motoko.

Neowinian Senior

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:42

As much as I tried to get used to Win 8, there is no way I'll go back to it. No those fake start buttons are crap. Yes they are. Just when you think Microsoft finally got it right with Win 7, someone in their R&D dept. decided that their main source of revenue needed major change. I understand the whole idea of integrating all MS devices together and trying to take over the world with a unified OS but when you force ridiculous **** down people's throat they go elsewhere. If Windows 8 becomes a requirement to run certain **** I'll switch to Ubuntu (or another Debian distro) in a heartbeat. I've been using Windows since 3.1 and never have I seen such a stupid decision since WinME. F*** *** MS.

We share the same views on MS wanting to cash on the tablet revenues. If you don't feel comfortable switching to Linux then don't, you can use Windows 7 like I'm doing. I'm quite comfortable with it and have no inclination to upgrade.

It's good at least some users of Windows don't blindly follow marketing like Apple's users with its OS upgrades.

#3 flexkeyboard

flexkeyboard

Neowinian

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:51

Sounds like a disgruntled windows user. I heard 2013 will be the year of the Linux. See you there!

#4 Pam14160

Pam14160

Lee

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:51

<snipped> There is more out there then some silly OS. If you don't like 8 don't use it just continue on with 7.

What is it that people think that MS should have talked to them first before coming up with a new OS.

And, no I am not going to upgrade to 8; I am happy with 7.

Edited by Calum, 06 August 2012 - 09:52. Reason: There is no need for such rudeness.

#5 DKAngel

DKAngel

That i cannot own ....I shall destroy

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:52

i on the other hand is enjoying it
not overly that difference from windows 7

#6 Boz

Boz

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:55

Wow.. it is terrible.. using it now the OEM version and all I can say it's absolutely terrible. For someone who has been using Windows for 20 years now I can't find how to switch between freakin' browser windows. The whole thing is a bigger mess than I thought. How in the hell will regular users understand this is completely beyond me.

#7 Dot Matrix

Dot Matrix

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:01

Wow.. it is terrible.. using it now the OEM version and all I can say it's absolutely terrible. For someone who has been using Windows for 20 years now I can't find how to switch between freakin' browser windows. The whole thing is a bigger mess than I thought. How in the hell will regular users understand this is completely beyond me.

The desktop portion of Windows 8 works just the same as Windows 7. So, what are you saying?

#8 rhianntp

rhianntp

Neowinian

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:03

Amen to this !

#9 Deihmos

Deihmos

Neowinian

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:05

Well more than likely windows 8 will be a major flop and microsoft wll be forced to make changes. I cannot imagine a business user with windows 8. It looks like something a kid would be using.

#10 JaseChaos

JaseChaos

Neowinian

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:08

I use Win8 RC as a Daily OS on my Laptop... Zero issues... and I find some things easier to do... while, yes, some are a bit more time consuming... But not enough for me not to want to upgrade. It just takes time, and the desire to appreciate changes. Especially changes that are this significant.

#11 Boz

Boz

Neowinian Senior

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:09

Zero reasons to upgrade... I mean ZERO.. If I wanted to make my life more complicated there are other ways I can do it... this Frankenstein of an OS is a disaster. Sticking to Windows 7. It's going to be hilarious seeing people struggle with this garbage.

#12 Xilo

Xilo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:16

Zero reasons to upgrade... I mean ZERO.. If I wanted to make my life more complicated there are other ways I can do it... this Frankenstein of an OS is a disaster. Sticking to Windows 7. It's going to be hilarious seeing people struggle with this garbage.

Businesses aren't going to upgrade to it that's for sure.

I hope it flops hard and MS loses money so they can wakeup and come back to reality.

#13 Boz

Boz

Neowinian Senior

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:18

Well more than likely windows 8 will be a major flop and microsoft wll be forced to make changes. I cannot imagine a business user with windows 8. It looks like something a kid would be using.

Even the "classic" desktop interface is ugly as sh**. It's completely counter-productive. Having several windows overlapping and you have a mess. The fact that you can't change the color of title bars font to white when you want to create a more contrast darker borders around windows is retarded. Customization on Windows was going in the direction of less and less but now we are at the point where you either have to work with ass ugly system and you can't customize anything.

Terrible.

#14 aviator189

aviator189

Neowinian

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:19

ok, but I don't really care what os you use. whatever works for you.

#15 +Quillz

Quillz

A Talking Pokemon

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:24

My dad just happens to be the head janitor at Microsoft and he told me that Windows 9 is actually going to be released the same day as Windows 8 and have the UI of Windows 3.11, so those who don't like Win8 have another option.