Photo

Outlook.com is out! Now ask the Outlook.com team your questions!

outlook.com outlook

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
187 replies to this topic

#1 Team Outlook

Team Outlook

Neowinian

• 5 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 21:37

Hello folks! It's been very exciting to see all the great reaction and discussion going on ever since we launched the new Outlook.com email service last week. We've also seen a number of questions pop up along the way as well. So we'd like to open up this thread for you guys to ask us, the Outlook.com team, your questions and provide feedback. We'll keep this open for a couple of days to let the questions flow in. We'll then close it up and respond to your questions via a video reply (meaning we won't directly reply to your comments on the thread). We do expect a lot of questions so we'll do our best to answer everything as best we can, but we might not get to every specific question. Also, we can't comment on any future product features or releases, so do keep that in mind.

With that, let us know what you think about Outlook.com, what you'd like to see, what issues you're having and just anything in general you'd like to ask about the product!

The Outlook.com Team

#2 articuno1au

articuno1au

Neowinian Senior

• 4,502 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 21:40

It's good to see you guys running this again :)

No question here, just saying :p

#3 f0rk_b0mb

f0rk_b0mb

Neowinian Senior

• 2,519 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 21:41

Will there be a stand alone metro app or will the mail client built into Windows 8 suffice?

#4 flexkeyboard

flexkeyboard

Neowinian

• 866 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 21:45

What will happen to the Windows Live Mail on the desktop? Is the outlook team part of Windows Live?

#5 nanoware

nanoware

Neowinian

• 28 posts

i have a old .edu outlook email address, and i wasnt able to add my account to the metro mail app in the windows 8 CP. Woudnt sync my email. Has this been fixed?

#6 daniel_rh

daniel_rh

Daniel R. H.

• 1,499 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy SIV i9500

Is there going to be a MSN Messenger app with the Windows 8 UI (besides the one integrated to Windows 8)? What about the Windows Live Essentials applications like Gallery, movie maker?

#7 gregalto

gregalto

Neowinian

• 186 posts

Here is my biggest issue/transition...I very much liked "archive" on Gmail...is there a similar feature on Outlook.com? I havent found it yet/want it!

#8 Travelar

Travelar

Neowinian

• 421 posts

Well done and I'm enjoying the interface. How can I merge two Outlook.com accounts? I didn't see the option for aliases the first time through, so I set up the second account that I needed. I'd like to delete one account and turn the other into alias. I don't want the 270 days for the deleted account to clear the system.

#9 Power2Game

Power2Game

Resident One Post Wonder

• 1 posts
  • Phone: BlackBerry

Posted 06 August 2012 - 21:46

Needs better Themes.

#10 +scumdogmillionaire

scumdogmillionaire

Neowinian Senior

• 2,653 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 06 August 2012 - 21:47

In Hotmail I was always annoyed that when I wanted to add a birthday to my Birthday calendar it created a Contact record, too. I like the Birthday Calendar, but I don't want contact records for children, animals, etc... can you please change that for Outlook.com!? :)

#11 Ci7

Ci7

Neowinian Senior

• 8,223 posts
  • Phone: iphone 5S

Posted 06 August 2012 - 21:48

Why didn't you push the update into live?

would live hotmail(live.com) get phased out?

love the direction you are heading with outlook

great job MS (Y)

#12 xchaser

xchaser

Neowinian

• 350 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 21:48

Why can't I receive my msn.com mail in outlook.com?

#13 Ci7

Ci7

Neowinian Senior

• 8,223 posts
  • Phone: iphone 5S

Posted 06 August 2012 - 21:49

Is there going to be a MSN Messenger app with the Windows 8 UI (besides the one integrated to Windows 8)? What about the Windows Live Essentials applications like Gallery, movie maker?

Wave 6 got integrated into Windows 8

you are screwed! :p

#14 Nagamasa

Nagamasa

Neowinian

• 162 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 21:50

Will Outlook.com ever support IMAP? [Or any other method to effortlessly move emails away/to Outlook.com besides using ActiveSync/Outlook]?

And also asked, will there ever be a way to merge Microsoft Accounts? Before the aliases were created, many of us had multiple accounts.
e.g.,) deleting the old account, with the old email rendered only as an alias in the new account.

Side topic: any ETA on when the Calendar will be updated?

#15 Rory Zane Ross

Rory Zane Ross

Resident One Post Wonder

• 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 21:52

I like how Outlook gives the user ability to access all their email in one place, but Outlook has yet to put yahoo mail as one of those options. Will Microsoft add yahoo mail to that list in the near future?