Armed robbers narrowly escape Garden Grove jewelry store

GARDEN GROVE, Calif. (KABC) -- A Garden Grove jewelry store owner opened fire on five masked armed robbers who stormed into the shop, thwarting what police say was likely a smash-and-grab heist.

The entire incident happened in 1 minute. Surveillance video shows a white Ford SUV backing into a handicap parking space at the front of the store. One by one, the suspects dressed in dark clothing rushed into the store with guns drawn.

As two of the suspects aimed their weapons at employees and a single customer demanding everyone drop to the ground, the three other suspects opened pillow cases and demanded cash.

The storeowner was in the back of the store and apparently saw what was happening through a small window in a wall that separates the rooms.

"She felt that these suspects where possibly going to injury the employees or the customer, so she fired two rounds from her handgun towards the suspects, which caused them to flee the store," said Garden Grove Police Lt. Jeff Nightengale.

The suspects stumbled and ran into each other as they clamored to escape the storeowner's blazing gun. One suspect fired off a round that hit the ceiling before exiting. The suspects jumped into the getaway car and left.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/orange_county&id=8758565

Geez, lucky nobody was hurt...

Yeah especially the store employees by the robbers! It seems like anti gunners will side with anything even the criminals if it means banning guns. No don't side with the store owner.. Didn't I say in a few threads that once a second gun is entered into the situations the criminals tend to flee? This proves my point very well. 5 guys with guns vs 1 and they all run out the door running over each other to get out..

Yeah especially the store employees by the robbers! It seems like anti gunners will side with anything even the criminals if it means banning guns. No don't side with the store owner.. Didn't I say in a few threads that once a second gun is entered into the situations the criminals tend to flee? This proves my point very well. 5 guys with guns vs 1 and they all run out the door running over each other to get out..

Why do you keep posted news solely to reinforce your views on guns?

Why do you keep posted news solely to reinforce your views on guns?

Why do you have a problem with it? Are you only ok with threads that try to back up your claim for banning guns? Besides I didn't make any remarks in the OP about being pro gun. This lady did good and should be commended for it. But yep to you its only ok for it to be one sided. Guns bad!

Why do you have a problem with it? Are you only ok with threads that try to back up your claim for banning guns?

It just seems a little odd to create a few threads about guns and then you get defensive when people offer a different opinion.

It just seems a little odd to create a few threads about guns and then you get defensive when people offer a different opinion.

I don't get defensive. I only get defensive when people try to equate me to a blood thirsty murderer or that having a gun makes me more likely to kill someone just because I own a gun. That's what makes me defensive because its not true in the slightest. If you mean it makes me more likely to save my life from being killed if someone tries to kill me then yes i'll agree with that. But trying to equate me to what someone else does is out of line. And you have a problem with a thread like this? If its not a thread about someone killing innocent people its not ok? Or is it because this kind of thread doesn't give you ammo for your opinion?

I don't get defensive. I only get defensive when people try to equate me to a blood thirsty murderer or that having a gun makes me more likely to kill someone just because I own a gun. That's what makes me defensive because its not true in the slightest. If you mean it makes me more likely to save my life from being killed if someone tries to kill me then yes i'll agree with that. But trying to equate me to what someone else does is out of line. And you have a problem with a thread like this? If its not a thread about someone killing innocent people its not ok? Or is it because this kind of thread doesn't give you ammo for your opinion?

I've never said you're a bloody thirsty murderer or that you're going to save your life if someone tries you kill you.

Calm down, there's really no need to get so aggressive..