UltraVNC Multi Monitor Issue Fix

Question

I was looking around for a free VNC server / viewer which supported multi monitors. I finally found Ultravnc but wasn't happy with the multi monitor support. When I would activate the multi monitor view I would see the second screen but only when I moved a window did I see all the other screens. Problem was the it was terrible! It was cutting off the tops of all the windows, basically it was unusable. After a little bit of research I found a fix. So for anyone who also has had this same issue here is what I did to fix it.

Go into your ultravnc installation folder and find the ultravnc.ini file.

In there change the following values to reflect the ones below

PollForeground=1
PollFullScreen=0
EnableHook=1
PollUnderCursor=1 <- Not necessary for fixing the issue but screen updates were really bad until I turned it on.[/CODE]

I found that on a forum.

After changing those values and terminating the client and starting it back up, the dual monitor support worked GREAT!!!.

I just thought I would post this to help anyone else out.

Enjoy!

2 answers to this question

UltraVNC. A great product (because it's free) but a royal pain in my arse when it goes wrong!

Here's mine for x64 Windows 8 / Server 2012 on 1.1.8.0

[poll]
TurboMode=1
PollUnderCursor=0
PollForeground=0
PollFullScreen=1
OnlyPollConsole=0
OnlyPollOnEvent=0
EnableDriver=0
EnableHook=0
EnableVirtual=0
[/CODE]

Be careful with any "extend to left" multi-monitor setups as pollcursor frequently goes nuts and clones the display output. The mirror driver used to fix it's but is deprecated now.