How to make my website use more screen space?

Question

Hi...

I've created my website using Wordpress and a Wordpress theme, the sites up and running, looks good, but I can't find a way to increase the amount of screen space used.

The website looks a little bit squahsed. I'm not an expert with CSS but i'll take any advice and give it a go.

Thanks, hope you can help

4 answers to this question

I wouldn't widen the container at all, it has a width of 1020px; if you make it any larger the content may go off the edge of the screen on a laptop/smaller screen.

If you want to widen the container, look at the #wrapper section in the css and edit the "width: 1020px;" line. You may need to edit the other content box settings as well though, I haven't took a full look at the css.

• Like 1

I agree, the width is good for the design.. that design would not work as well in a flexible width setup, and setting a fixed width that's larger would not be ideal for many people.

On another note, your background had me trying to clean my monitor for a few min :p

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it. I might have to change the background as well :D

That site isn't fluid, so you have to consider that people will be looking at it on things like iPads and smaller notebooks. 1024 is about as wide as you'd want to go for a non-fluid design.