New website, feedback please.

Question

Hi there everyone.

I've created this website and would appreciate any feedback. Obviously the only way to do that is to introduce it :-)

Also, I'm using Wordpress self-hosting and i'm using Yoast SEO, would you recommend any other SEO plugins or should that do that job?

Thanks again.

10 answers to this question

The connect with us part could be improved, doesn't use the space well.

I'm personally not a big fan of JS image scrollers unless used very well, yours isn't being used that well.

The thumbnails seem to big for the articles, not a lot of them are used very well.

The background is a bit distracting.

Overall it's a decent layout but personally I think it could do with some adjustments and polish.

Looks good, although it is only a Wordpress theme which you've just bought. :p

The only thing I don't like, I have to say is your envolment, the header lacks any character as such and needs more oomph.

Thanks for the feedback. This is something we're working on. :-)

Looks good, although it is only a Wordpress theme which you've just bought. :p

The only thing I don't like, I have to say is your envolment, the header lacks any character as such and needs more oomph.

Thanks for the comments. We're listening and hoping to improve.

The connect with us part could be improved, doesn't use the space well.

I'm personally not a big fan of JS image scrollers unless used very well, yours isn't being used that well.

The thumbnails seem to big for the articles, not a lot of them are used very well.

The background is a bit distracting.

Overall it's a decent layout but personally I think it could do with some adjustments and polish.

I'm glad to see someone atleast buy a good wordpress theme base instead of just making some very buggy hideous theme :p

But the theme could use some modifications otherwise you will be one of those other "made in a hour" sites xD

Looks good, is that wordpress or squarespace? Mind if I ask what review mod you have there on the right? Is that GD star review?

Hi, it's a Wordpress site. The review box isn't a plugin, it's part of the the "Avenue" theme.

I think it needs logo, and then you can use it the tab thumbnails :)

Thanks for the feedback. We're working on a logo :-)

Thanks for all the help. We're working on some changes to make the site better soon. :-)

The website is a little flat and seem more like a template theme for wordpress. Try to customize!