Share your Windows 8/8.1 (Store) app recommendations

win8.1 win8

• Please log in to reply
249 replies to this topic

#196 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

Posted 17 November 2012 - 15:14

For those who needs a simple password manager.
Password Book

I think LastPass is also available now too :)

#197 jrharmon

jrharmon

Neowinian

Posted 17 November 2012 - 19:52

I have an app that I wrote, and made it into the store for launch day. The app is Memorylage, and is a photo viewing app that lets you browse your photo collection as a dynamically generated, metro-styled, collage. You can then select your favorite photos to create custom collages, or use the Photo Booth mode to take new pictures to use.

I have been working on it since December, with the Developer Preview of Windows 8, and it is currently over 7,000 downloads.

It is free, so go download it from the store, or check out a demo at www.memorylage.com

#198 scorpian007

scorpian007

Neowinian

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:36

Is there a way you can make it look at SkyDrive for photos? The app looks beautiful in the screenshots but all my photos are on skydrive

#199 ~Johnny

~Johnny

Earthling

Posted 18 November 2012 - 15:43

I guess I'll post my own application - Music Info http://apps.microsof...bd-90cc214cc09f

It's meant to be a music discovery application, with some pretty photos. But it plays your mp3/wav files too (and DRM free AAC & WMA if you pay too), and with better performance than Xbox Music. It wasn't initially intended to be a music player, so not everything is there yet (like playlists), but people seem to really like it.

Posted Image

#200 azz0r_wugg

azz0r_wugg

Neowinian Senior

Posted 18 November 2012 - 16:34

It's my own app but hey :)

Information about crimes in your area and info on where the investigation is up to.

http://apps.microsof...8d-9ad34c21ec68

Posted Image

Not to seem like a douche, but surely just using this website is better? http://www.police.uk...metypes/2012-09 and its free

#201 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

Posted 18 November 2012 - 23:43

Not to seem like a douche, but surely just using this website is better? http://www.police.uk...metypes/2012-09 and its free

I don't live in the UK, but actually the app presentation is better, and gives you more data for things you may need at the time, like the phone & e-mail address for the police.

#202 nub

nub

Neowinian Senior

Posted 18 November 2012 - 23:58

What is "Anti-Social Behaviour"? Sounds like if I don't say good day to somebody the police will arrest me.

#203 jrharmon

jrharmon

Neowinian

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:51

Is there a way you can make it look at SkyDrive for photos? The app looks beautiful in the screenshots but all my photos are on skydrive

The is probably the most requested feature, and will definitely be coming, but will be a decent amount of work to integrate it well into the app. I am planning on finishing up a bunch of simpler features I want to add, and then will start on that.

#204 scorpian007

scorpian007

Neowinian

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:12

The is probably the most requested feature, and will definitely be coming, but will be a decent amount of work to integrate it well into the app. I am planning on finishing up a bunch of simpler features I want to add, and then will start on that.

Fantastic! Thanks for the hard work, can't be easy doing this in your own time. I have so much respect for developers :)

#205 jrharmon

jrharmon

Neowinian

Posted 19 November 2012 - 13:20

Fantastic! Thanks for the hard work, can't be easy doing this in your own time. I have so much respect for developers :)

Thanks! It definitely helps having a supportive wife when you spend so much time after work sitting at the computer at home working some more. :)

If you want to be kept up to date on future updates, feel free to follow me on Twitter at @Memorylage. I promise I don't spam.

#206 grayscale

grayscale

Neowinian

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:19

Chameleon

Features

• Swicth lock screen background atuomatically
  • Picture share
  • Picture download
  • Bing Daily of picture
  • NASA Astronomy Picture of the Day
  • National Geographic picture of the Day
  • Flickr Interestingness pictures
  • Wikipedia picture of the Day

#207 shikadi

shikadi

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 21 November 2012 - 23:07

Traffic Jam

My popular windows phone game ported to Windows 8!

Posted Image

#208 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 22 November 2012 - 13:25

I guess I'll post my own application - Music Info http://apps.microsof...bd-90cc214cc09f

It's meant to be a music discovery application, with some pretty photos. But it plays your mp3/wav files too (and DRM free AAC & WMA if you pay too), and with better performance than Xbox Music. It wasn't initially intended to be a music player, so not everything is there yet (like playlists), but people seem to really like it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

How hard is it to add support for more audio formats? Just wondering really.

#209 ffMathy

ffMathy

C# .NET guru

Posted 22 November 2012 - 19:11

Just finished my latest app. It's quite popular and has been downloaded a few hundred times per day for the past month or so. It's called Wavematrix, and can be found here. It's inspired by Tonematrix, a Flash application somebody made. I just extended upon its functionality, and made it a bit more fun. It allows you to create sound or music in just a few minutes.

A screenshot can be found in the attachment.

Attached Images

• screenshot lol.png

#210 Muhammad Farrukh

Muhammad Farrukh

The End is Nigh

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:27

ToolBox
Radiant Defense

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!